Care Manager - Inpatient Case Management - 4K New Hire Incentivce
Company: Scripps Health
Location: San Diego
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Scripps Health Administrative Services supports our five
hospitals and 19 outpatient facilities, which treat half a million
patients annually through 2,600 affiliated physicians.At Scripps
Health, you will experience the pride, support, and respect that
has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation's Top 100
Places to work.You'll be surrounded by people committed to making a
difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. -
So, if you're open to change, go ahead, and unlock your
potential.Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla has been one of
Southern California's premier medical centers for more than 90
years, the first in San Diego to be designated a Magnet Hospital by
the American Nursing Association. In 2018, Scripps La Jolla was
ranked No. 1 by U.S. News & World Report for the San Diego region
and among the best in the nation in seven specialties. With 444
licensed beds, we offer a wide range of clinical, surgical and
specialty services, and are consistently recognized for quality
patient care. We invite you to join a team of skilled medical
professionals who provide superior health services in a fast-paced
environment.As a Case Manager (CM) you will be using objective
data, evidence-based screening tools, and care team referrals, the
CM screens all patients in their assigned caseload to identify
those patients who may have discharge needs; who may be at risk for
an unplanned readmission within 30 days of acute care discharge;
who have a high risk of mortality; who are medically complex and
may have a prolonged LOS or who have payer issues.
- Completes a more comprehensive review of these targeted
patients to develop a prioritized list of patients they will
- Coordinates with the health care team and the patient/family to
address payer issues that impact care, and to develop a transition
plan of care that includes a safe discharge plan and plan for
follow up with care providers post discharge.
- Ensures that the patient/family agrees with and understands
this transition plan and that the plan is implemented
- Works in collaboration with utilization review nurse to ensure
that reviews are completed timely.This is a Full-Time (70 hours per
pay period) position with a rotating schedule. This position is
located at Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla.Preferred
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) highly desired.
- Case Management and/or home care experience preferred.
- Case management certification highly preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office preferred.
- 1-year experience as an Inpatient Case Manager preferred.
- CCM or ACM certificate preferred.Required
- 3 plus year's clinical experience.Required
- Current California RN License.
- BLS for Health Care Provider.The following are not eligible for
- Internal candidates
- Rehires that left Scripps less than 3 years agoIn order to
remain eligible for your retention incentive the following
-criteria must be met
- Must remain in original hired FTE Status and Shift (if
specified in offer -letter)
- Must remain in original department/specialty
- Must remain in original Job Title
- Transfers to other locations will be reviewed on a case-by-case
basis and -may result in forfeiting remaining incentive bonus
unless specifically noted -in your offer letter.Scripps Health is
an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual
orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status,
status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a
qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: Scripps Health, San Diego , Care Manager - Inpatient Case Management - 4K New Hire Incentivce, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!