Insights & Market Research Manager
Company: HP Inc.
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 23, 2022
We are looking for a talented, strategic thinker to partner with
global business leaders and agency partners to drive motivating and
effective commercial strategies and communications. This is an
insights role with a focus on synthesizing and applying a range of
research, trends, analytics, and instinct to uncover opportunities
for the business. The day-to-day focus will be turning information
into compelling insights that drive business growth.The Insights
Manager will be an essential partner for cross functional Personal
Systems teams, working closely with global product development and
global marketing.To be successful in this role the candidate will
need to be self-motivated, curious, adaptable, skilled at thinking
strategically, whilst also being able to apply knowledge at a more
- Become the foremost expert on customer/consumer insights for
your business area
- Inform strategy and answer business questions by conducting
primary market and customer research and /or conducting various
meta-analyses with syndicated data, desk research, or various
custom research studies
- Define & scope research projects with internal stakeholders,
write RFPs, negotiate pricing on individual projects, manage
projects outsourced to vendors, present results.
- Challenge external partners to bring forward innovative ways of
generating and using insights (e.g. processes, cross-collaboration
research, methodologies, communication of insights)
- Facilitate more valuable, differentiated insights and
- Seek out opportunities and emerging trends to proactively
provide commercial teams with critical information and
- Monitor market and industry trends, and share best practices
with internal clients and external partners
- Collaborate across the pan-HP Media, Analytics and Insights
(MAI) organization to apply all the research to reveal insights and
craft inspiring briefsEducation and Experience Required:
- BA or BS degree; MBA preferred.
- 5+ years market research & analytics experience.Knowledge and
- Experience in conducting various marketing research
methodologies and tools (qualitative, quantitate, advanced
- In-depth knowledge of marketing fundamentals
- Experience in research vendor management, agency practices and
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to manage virtual
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with multiple levels of
management and functional disciplines.
- Strong ability to influence and drive consensus.
- Strong business acumenAbout HPYoure out to reimagine and
reinvent whats possiblein your career as well as the world around
you.Soare we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the
status quo,and creating whats next. Were in search of talented
people who areinspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow,
and dedicated tomaking a meaningful difference.HP is a technology
company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world
united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone,
everywhere.Our history: HPs commitment to diversity, equity and
inclusion it's just who we are.From the boardroom to factory floor,
we create a culture where everyone isrespected and where people can
be themselves, while being a part ofsomething bigger than
themselves. We celebrate the notion that you canbelong at HP and
bring your authentic self to work each and every day.When you do
that, youre more innovative and that helps grow our bottomline.
Come to HP and thrive!
Keywords: HP Inc., San Diego , Insights & Market Research Manager, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!