Compliance Operations Manager, Learning and Development
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables
businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency
and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial
applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a
suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury
infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal
developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing
dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+
billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in
transactions in the past year. Circle's payments and treasury
infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and
APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency
and blockchain based finance. Circle's SeedInvest service brings
internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and
growth companies. Combined, Circle's suite of services helps
companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive
What you'll be part of:
With the mission "To raise global economic prosperity through the
frictionless exchange of financial value," Circle was founded on
the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will
rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more
open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We
envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere
can more freely connect and transact with each other with new
technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We
believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies
everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and
which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder,
serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees
and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we
are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you'll be responsible for:
The Compliance Operations team is responsible for executing
Circle's anti-money laundering (AML) and sanctions programs,
including know your customer (KYC) reviews, sanctions screening,
transaction monitoring, and investigations. Reporting to the
Director, Compliance Scaled Services, the Compliance Operations
Manager, Learning and Development will be responsible for
developing and managing operational procedures, as well as ensuring
the Compliance Operations function is armed with the knowledge to
operate effectively and manage Circle's risk.
What you'll work on:
- Developing and leading training for new hires to ensure all
staff have requisite understanding of crypto, Circle's products,
and the unique risks posed to Circle.
- Working with the Financial Crime Compliance team to develop and
facilitate ongoing training to ensure all team members are aware of
the latest trends in crypto and financial crime.
- Working with the functional leaders and quality team to ensure
performance and quality trends are addressed through targeted
- Maintaining a knowledge base to ensure consistent information
is readily available to our global team.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our
customers, shareholders, employees and families and local
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to
pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our
passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue
excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work
intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and
you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You
reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 7+ years experience in financial crimes compliance, ideally
developing procedures and training, including 1+ years managing
- A passion for harnessing the power of digital currency and
blockchain technology and services built on top of it.
- B.A./B.S. degree; quantitative or technical degree a plus.
- Deep understanding of payment methods, including correspondent
banking and merchant acquiring.
- Experience in RegTech or FinTech company or consulting
- Experience and comfort working in an ever changing industry and
the flexibility to quickly react to changing demands.
- Comfort and experience with delivering training to remote
- CAMS, CFCS or CFE certification is a plus.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,
national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status,
veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Circle, San Diego , Compliance Operations Manager, Learning and Development, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!