Director, Business Development - North America
Company: 101 ResMed Inc (US)
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Partnering with our business verticals and functions, the
Strategy and Ventures team is assisting with their near- and
longer-term growth strategies, as well as shaping our 2025
corporate strategy. We are also progressing ResMed's corporate
development agenda, focusing on growth through mergers and
acquisitions (M&A), partnerships and new business creation.
This role will be responsible for identifying and evaluating
potential opportunities for ventures, partnerships and merger and
acquisition activities, predominantly for ResMed's North America
market. Focus would be on identifying, qualifying and forging
relationships with technology (devices, software) and service/care
model innovators of interest, as well as on serving as a source of
market intelligence to inform our growth strategy and offer
Let's talk about the team:
- Identify , evaluate and drive potential opportunities for
ventures, partnerships and merger and acquisition activities,
predominantly for ResMed's North America market,technology
(devices, software) and service/care model innovators
- Coordinate closely with SRC Product Management, Customer and
Market Insights and Strategy colleagues to align on areas of
- Initiate discussions with potential partners and acquisition
targets (outbound and inbound)
- Lead and facilitate the process to assess our interest in a
company and corresponding build/buy/partner/invest/ decisions.
- For investments and M&A, develop business cases for review
and approval with senior management team.
- Ongoing management and coordination of Business Development
- Acting as a Board Member/Observer for companies in the
- Helping to structure and coordinate Business Development
activities across ResMed, cooridnating closely with BD counterparts
across Europe, ALA and SaaS
- Keep abreast of industry trends and best practices including by
attending (either physically or remotely) and report back from
industry conferences and events.
Let's talk about the role
- Curiosity to drive the next levels of business questions and
insights, not afraid to ask questions, big picture thinker.
- Strong self-starter able to work independently.
- Lead, influence and work effectively across multiple markets,
disciplines, functions and teams.
- Thrives complex and ambiguous situations and finds creative
solutions to problems.
- Natural collaborator, who can define execution priorities and
build alignment with key internal and external partners
- Excellent verbal & written delivery of communication.
Let's talk about you
- A minimum of ten years related experience.
- A broad knowledge of technology and business model innovation,
and their application and potential to transform healthcare is
- A bachelor's degree in business or economics is useful, or an
equivalent combination of education.
- Related experience from roles in Business Development,
Corporate Development, Product Strategy, Marketing, Venture
- Expertise in healthcare services, medical devices, or digital
health is ideal.
Joining us is more than saying "yes" to making the world a
healthier place. It's discovering a career that's challenging,
supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence
helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We
focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging
individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative
ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you,
Keywords: 101 ResMed Inc (US), San Diego , Director, Business Development - North America, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!