Medical Education Program Manager
Company: Alphatec Spine
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Position manages the development and execution of ATEC's Medical
Education programs for our sales force and surgeon customers in
support of the company's long-term objectives. Medical Education
programs comprise multiple underlying and interconnected
educational activities and events including virtual, in-field, and
ATEC corporate experiences. Medical Education programs drive and
support the corporate strategy for organizational growth and are
measured by the extent to which the programs produce the desired
outcomes, such as post-event procedural adoption by surgeons, and
competency of sales representatives to independently execute cases,
all with a focus on transferring knowledge to create clinical
predictability. This position will act with autonomy and authority
to implement ATEC's sales and surgeon educational initiatives,
coordinating with the Product Marketing and Field Sales teams, and
in collaboration with senior management within Medical
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops sales and surgeon training program curricula and
content for all training courses, certifications, field-based,
on-line and virtual learning opportunities, updating, when
necessary, with new information or new programmatic
- Uses sales business plans as a guide for capacity planning and
to create tools and pathways for the appropriate targeting,
profiling, vetting, and scheduling of surgeon training.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Aligns targeting and timing of sales training activities to be
consistent with ability to support surgeons targeted for training,
and to support regional commercial plans.
- Creates content, collateral, and tools consistent with learner
profiles and programs.
- Manages all aspects of ATEC Academy online training, including
platform vendor relations, material content and user experience,
enrollments, compliance and performance tracking, and reports.
- Architects the complete learning experience, extending
opportunities pre- and post-event, such as preparatory work,
reinforcing materials or additional resource connections, and
advising on subsequent follow-up activities such as advanced topics
- Delivers appropriately for each application; selects
instructional methods, technologies, and supporting strategies that
facilitate learning transfer and on-the-job application.
- Measures training effectiveness as appropriate for surgeon
adoption and sales competency goals; evaluates the impact of
elements of the programs to effectively iterate as necessary toward
- Develops trusting and credible relationships between internal
teammates and stakeholders, the sales force and sales leadership,
focusing on interdepartmental collaboration.
- Demonstrates leadership within the department, sharing
experience and providing guidance to Medical Education Coordinators
and Lab Technicians.
- Partners with and assists Medical Education Event Manager and
other team members to align on the coordination and communication
of event travel logistics (air, ground, lodging) per corporate
policy guidelines, creating a functional environment for
educational activities, and ensuring that all live meeting/event
logistics are executed with a high level of service and attention
- Collaborates with Medical Education lab personnel to ensure
that lab logistics relevant to the event agenda are considered and
planned for, including notification of lab personnel, specimen
ordering, equipment availability (e.g., c-arms, instrument sets),
- Works collaboratively with other internal teams including
Marketing, Marketing Communications, Executive Program Manager,
Executive Assistants, and others to understand and support
- Acts as Host of events as needed, coordinating participants
toward smooth agenda flow and execution, while representing the
face of ATEC Medical Education to attendees.
- Tracks program expenses, with an eye toward efficiency and save
--- Hires for and manages team members toward execution of program
- Holds team members accountable and incentivizes performance for
strong cultural engagement.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Knowledge of common computer applications (e.g., Microsoft
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows, Internet applications, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow to meet established
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team and matrix
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to represent the company at a variety of business
functions or situations in a professional and competent
- Ability to occasionally travel to company sponsored
- Ability to exercise independent judgment consistent with
- Ability to learn and maintain knowledge of procedures, products
and activities of assigned area.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced, team
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and/or weekends.
Education and Experience
- Completed BS/BA degree or equivalent, educational event
planning experience required, medical device specific experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience in project or program management
required. Learning management system software experience a
- Some domestic travel required.
For roles based in the United States that require access to
hospital facilities, must be eligible for and maintain credentials
at all required hospitals, including meeting any applicable
physical requirements or vaccination requirements (including the
COVID-19 vaccine, as applicable).
ATEC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to
its employees and applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, or any other protected status in
accordance with all applicable federal, state or local laws.
Further, ATEC will make reasonable accommodations that are
necessary to comply with disability discrimination laws.
Keywords: Alphatec Spine, San Diego , Medical Education Program Manager, Executive , Carlsbad, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!