Strategy Manager, Partnerships & Operations Excellence
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Want to help us, help others? We're hiring!
is a global community of over 100 million people with a common
purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help
each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help
and support causes-for themselves, each other, and their
communities. Since 2010, GoFundMe has become a trusted global
leader in online fundraising, with $17 billion raised from over 200
million donations. Our vision is to become the most helpful place
in the world.
Join us! The GoFundMe team is searching for our next Strategy
Manager, Partnerships & Operations Excellence. In this role, you
will drive Operations Excellence for GoFundMe by managing critical
partnerships and leading strategic initiatives that drive growth,
efficiency, and effectiveness for our operations teams.
- Manage the Operations Excellence team who owns strategic
initiatives to drive growth while protecting GoFundMe and
- Own all aspects of partnership management including: running
day to day engagements, owning escalations, contracting,
establishing new programs and features, identifying best practices,
reducing failure points and incidents, measuring performance, and
- Serve as a subject matter expert on payment operations
including partnerships, processors, operations, and payments best
- Build key performance metrics to support ongoing partnership
management, hold partners accountable, ensure reporting is clear
and accurate, and use influence to improve outcomes
- Advocate for and partner closely with operations teams to drive
- Identify areas for process development & improvement and lead
implementation of those opportunities cross-functionally across
operations, product, engineering, legal and finance.
- Maintain an understanding of the competitive landscape,
emerging trends and disruptors, and news in the payments
- Demonstrate relationship-building skills with technical acumen;
ability to understand product strategy and use this understanding
to define requirements for scaling products and operations through
- 5+ years of experience in Management Consulting, Strategy,
Payments, Business Operations, and/or Partnership
- BS/BA or higher degree in business, engineering, finance,
mathematics, economics, or similar field
- Experience building & managing people and teams
- Experience in managing partnerships related to financial
services, banking, or payments
- Experience in payments, fintech, ecommerce, or marketplace
- Understanding of network rules, interchange, and key
performance indicators related to payment processing
- Experience negotiating contracts, being the point of contact
with online payment providers, fintech firms, banks and other
eCommerce payments providers
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Looker, and/or
- A self-starter who operates with a "get things done"
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and thrive in
a fast-paced environment without losing sight of business
- Collaborative team player who is also an independent thinker
- Excellent negotiation capabilities, with a track record of
closing deals that unlock value
- Exceptionally strong communication skills with ability to
- Excited about joining a team focused on helping others
- Believe in "we" not "me"
Why you'll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for
medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for
employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing,
family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental
health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser
every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our
priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is
embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity,
Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our
company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the
people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a
- You'll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and
celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right
thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and
have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively
pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are
committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to
all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex,
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression,
pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or
physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe...
Keywords: GoFundMe, San Diego , Strategy Manager, Partnerships & Operations Excellence, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!