Director of Asset Management (Hybrid)
Company: Community HousingWorks
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Community HousingWorks, is seeking a Director of Asset
Management for our Affordable Multi-Family Real Estate Portfolio,
in San Diego.
The Director of Asset Management will lead and supervise the asset
managers and others responsible for strengthening CHW's multifamily
affordable real estate portfolio through leading and implementing
Department and Company-wide initiatives and strategies such as
permanent supportive housing, energy efficiency, project managing
rehabilitation and major capital projects, and providing
interdepartmental coordination with Achieve.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently monitor the activities of property management
firms responsible for the daily operations of the properties, and
report significant information to vice president
- Manage and strengthen the Northern California portfolio with
the property management company and other partners in the region so
that policies and procedures that derive from CHW's core values and
mission are consistent across the portfolio.
- Identify, evaluate, recommend and implement capital improvement
plans and replacement projects in the agency's operating portfolio,
including potential energy efficiency retrofits.
- Review audits and operating budgets and provide recommendation
for approval to the vice president.
- Monitor and analyze assets' performance to assure property
asset management plans and goals are met.
- Supervise and direct asset managers, interns and volunteers as
assigned; ensure direct reports are adequately trained, and provide
professional development opportunities as they become
- Oversee utility tracking and benchmarking programs for
- Assure consistent reporting and analysis on property
operational, physical and financial performance and take corrective
action as needed.
- Monitor regulatory compliance and operational issues.
- Assist in development and implementation of new policies and
procedures relating to asset management.
- Represent CHW to all stakeholders-partners, lenders, property
managers, vendors, residents and community members, with an above
average level of understanding, and supporting our mission, vision
- Oversee the creation, collection, and maintenance of physical
specifications with the goal of maintaining the integrity of the
original designs, while updating and greening the product.
- Leads and monitors the third party property management company
in the performance of lease-ups in both new construction and
occupied rehabs to meet project milestones.
- Use benchmarking and other tools to identify operating
efficiencies and opportunities to maximize returns at the
individual asset level and overall portfolio level, including CHW's
sustainability portfolio strategy and sustainability
- Assure appropriate capital and reserve investments in projects
to maintain asset quality, and ensure product relevance, quality of
construction and adherence to budget in those investments.
- Initiate and assure delivery of cross-department ownership
initiatives to best meet CHW's mission and impact framework,
including the eviction-prevention, credit strengthening, and
integrative pest management programs.
- Conduct financial and physical due diligence of new acquisition
projects such as, but not limited to, financial and market review,
community and neighborhood assessment, site inspection, development
scope review and provide recommendation to vice president.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors' Degree or equivalent in Real Estate Management,
Accounting or related fields.
- Minimum of 10 years of management experience in tax-credit
financed, affordable housing or Property Management in settings
with portfolios of at least 3,000 apartments.
CHW is a flexible workplace, providing our staff the balance of
in-office collaboration time with peers with working from home. We
are maximizing the connect and collaboration time with a set day in
the office for our positions that work a hybrid schedule. This
supports our business needs and our staff work/life balance.
CHW offer employees generous benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plan
- 401(K) with company matching contributions
- Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
- Responsible Time Off (RTO)
- 12 Paid holidays
- Hybrid Workplace
- Wellness and Work Life Balance
- Opportunities for Professional Development
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Free Gym Access
- Paid Time Volunteer Opportunity
- Company-Wide Events
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At CHW, we value diversity, equity and inclusion creating a work
environment that respects and includes differences, recognizing the
unique contributions that each individual can make that can
maximize the potential of all staff. CHW encourages belonging
through expressions, thought and innovation.
In addition to those benefits outlined above, CHW employees have
access to a variety of other benefits to customize a benefit
package that meets their individual needs. Examples of these
benefits include Identify Theft Protection, Hospital Indemnity,
Accident or Critical Illness Insurance, and ID Legal Shield
Keywords: Community HousingWorks, San Diego , Director of Asset Management (Hybrid), Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!