Lab Processing Manager
Company: Prometheus Laboratories Inc.
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 26, 2023
SITUATIONPrometheus Laboratories is a forward-thinking clinical
diagnosticscompany that is dedicated to disrupting the treatment
paradigm of GI and autoimmune diseases. We do this by discovering
and developing a broad portfolio of novel, precision-based
diagnostic testing solutions that meaningfully impact patient care
throughout their individual healthcare journey. From
patient-personalized diagnosis and prognosis, disease profiling,
therapeutic selection through disease monitoring, the Prometheus
suite of tests is purpose-built to take the guess work out of
critical patient care needs. Our ambition is to expand our team
with like-minded leaders with shared passion and dedication for
transforming the future of precision-guided patient care. SUMMARY
Responsible for managing and tracking the physical receipt, storage
and retrieval of samples for the clinical diagnostic laboratory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Manage the receipt, processing, storage, and retrieval of
samples for commercial testing.
- Identify and label patient samples following standard operating
- Coordinate sample requests and resolve sample discrepancies
with Clinical Operations and R&D
- Coordinate lab testing of samples with Lab Operations, Clinical
Operations and R&D
- Generate worksheets for laboratory testing and ensuring the
oldest samples are prioritized for testing
- Oversee and coordinate add-on orders.
- Schedule in-house proficiency testing and oversee accessioning
of internal and external samples.
- Resolve computer issues with Information Systems and
- Resolve requisition deficiencies with Order Processing
- Train personnel on accessioning functions and maintain training
- Conduct or oversee annual competency assessment of
- Perform weekly scheduling of accessioning staff and delegation
of tasks to meet processing deadlines.
- Monitor and develop workflow and efficiency improvements in
accessioning and other related activities.
- Respond to freezer alarms and coordinate material movement as
- Coordinate PM and refrigerator/freezer cleaning with
- Writes or updates laboratory documents such as Standard
Operating Procedures and departmental forms.
- Manage and refine existing procedure and define new procedures
and SOPs related to sample handling, storage and tracking.
- Evaluate and validate automated solutions for aliquoting, bar
code labeling and storing of multiple sample aliquots.
- Maintain sample handling and cold storage system. Coordinate
sample disposals at designated intervals.
- Transfer residual serum to manufacturing as require.
- Maintain accessioning inventory as required and order materials
- Investigate deviations and customer complaints with QS and
complete documentation to ensure compliance with SOP's and
- Collaborate with existing software development team to specify
software and database requirements and improvements, queries and
- Required to follow all safety procedures, policies, and
precautions.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Directly supervises
members of the accessioning area. Carries out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and
applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and
training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work;
appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees;
addressing complaints and resolving problems.QUALIFICATIONS A
qualified individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required;B.S. degree in a biological
- A minimum of 8 years CLIA related experience
- A minimum of 3 years managing and motivating employees in a
clinical lab setting. Knowledge and experience with databases and
Excel strongly preferred.
- Ability to effectively train laboratory individuals on all
laboratory accessioning processes.
- Experience working in a FDA, GMP and ISO environment
- Experience managing multiple projects required.LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read and interpret documents such as scientific
publications, vendor specifications, safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write
routine reports and correspondence. Strong interpersonal skills and
ability to work cross functionally. Ability to understand and
comply with all applicable laboratory regulated guidelines. Ability
to effectively communicate and collaborate with internal and
external customers. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to work with
mathematical concepts up to probability and statistical inference.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios,
and proportions to practical situations. Ability to read and
analyze financial data. REASONING ABILITY Ability to define
problems, collect data, establish facts and draw reasonable
conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical
instruction in mathematical or diagram form. Ability to understand
and comply with all applicable laboratory regulated guidelines.
Ability to understand and utilize project management
tools.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONSNone. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The
employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or
feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and
reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.WORK ENVIRONMENT The
work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne
particles, potentially infectious bodily fluids, toxic or caustic
chemicals, and extreme cold. The noise level in the work
environment is moderate.Some travel may be required.All qualified
applicants are considered for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected
Keywords: Prometheus Laboratories Inc., San Diego , Lab Processing Manager, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!