Employee Benefits Account Manager - Hybrid
Company: Truist Financial Corporation
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The position is described below. If you want to apply, click the
Apply button at the top or bottom of this page. You'll be required
to create an account or sign in to an existing one.If you have a
disability and need assistance with the application, you can
request a reasonable accommodation. Send an email to or call
877-891-2510 (accommodation requests only; other inquiries won't
receive a response).Regular or Temporary:RegularLanguage Fluency:
English (Required)Work Shift:1st shift (United States of
America)Please review the following job description:Support
Employee Benefits (EB) producer and Account Executive by serving
mid-sized and moderately complex clients, be knowledgeable in EB
coverages, carrier guidelines, underwriting, and legislative
changes, to maintain relationships with clients and carrier
representatives and to assist in suggesting new lines of coverage
for existing clients.This will be a hybrid role after 90 days,
requiring 2-3 days per week in office.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES:Following is a summary of the essential functions
for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor,
which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from
time to time.
- Build and maintain key client and carrier relationships, by
phone, e-mail and in person.
- Assist assigned clients and EB staff with service questions
related to benefits administration, transactional processing,
billing, claims issues and problem solving, upon request.
- Continually seek cross-sell opportunities and suggest new lines
- Work with EB producer, and/or Account Executive, to monitor and
manage the renewal process for assigned clients. Coordinate meeting
with client and/or producer to present the renewal and supporting
documents to gain acceptance of the renewal or commitment to go to
market for alternative options.
- Prepare marketing information or provide required information
to a marketing person. Once marketing options have been prepared,
the producer/Account Executive/Account Manager presents the options
to the client.
- Schedule and conduct associate meetings in coordination with
Account Executive or Producer, and complete the implementation
- Enroll clients in Employee Benefits communication tools.
Demonstrate use of the tool with client. Introduce resources to new
clients and existing clients at renewal. At least monthly, remind
clients of a new or updated Resource Net document.
- Assist clients with compliance (HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, ERISA,
legislative), as requested.
- Conduct quarterly account management visits with assigned
- Review claims reports monthly and deliver reports to clients on
monthly or quarterly basis, as required.
- Coordinate and facilitate preparation and delivery of benefit
booklets and/or benefit statements and any other fulfillment items
with assistance of EB agency staff.
- Assist assigned clients by helping plan and execute health
fair, seminars, webinars and "lunch 'n learns", as requested.
- Provide administrative support on other tasks such as assigned
special projects and development of new ideas/services, as
- Become proficient in the EB Agency Management System,
specifically to update policies that are written or renewed, log
activities to document client meetings, carrier follow-up, service
issues, establish follow-up date and daily manage follow-up in EB
Agency Management System.
- Attend seminars, classes and carrier meetings to keep abreast
of new products available for clients and acquire expertise in
legislative changes, as opportunities occur.Required Skills:The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and related
- 5 years of solid knowledge of Employee Benefits or equivalent
- Experience with Requests for Proposal (RFP).
- State-issued Life & Health license.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as
Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to travel, occasionally overnight.Desired Skills
- Experience with McGriff Insurance Services' software,
BenefitPoint, Zywave and Resource Net.
- Training on the requirements of health care reform.
- Knowledge of self-funding and HRA wraps.Truist supports a
diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not
discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender,
color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, veteran status or other classification
protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.
Keywords: Truist Financial Corporation, San Diego , Employee Benefits Account Manager - Hybrid, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!