Sr. Program Manager
Company: Cubic Corporation
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Business Unit:Cubic Mission and Performance SolutionsCompany
Details:Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative
technology for government and commercial customers around the
globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We're the
leading integrator of payment and information technology and
services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the
leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure
communications and networking and highly specialized support
services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied
nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an
innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role
at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and
motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork,
quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore
opportunities with Cubic.Job Details:If you're a talented, hungry,
and committed leader who wants to make a difference in a fast-paced
development environment, this job might be for you.The selected
candidate willmanage programs in support of the Department of
Defense featuring emerging and innovative technical solutions in a
growing portfolio. - Responsible for managing technical work,
budgets, schedules, portfolio operations, and oversight of the
successful work, of a multi-disciplinary technical team. - This
position typically works under limited supervision and direction. -
The selected performer will exercise discretionary and substantial
decision-making authority. - Location: San Diego, CA Essential Job
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a family of programs serving as the assigned liaison
between the Program Management Office and Cubic's internal program
management reporting structure.
- Serve as the prime point of contact for projects with senior
management, and functional management.
- Responsible for Pre-PMR dry runs and share top issues with Sr
Director, Program Manager.
- Create Program Integrated Management Plan containing events,
accomplishments, and criteria.
- Control project risk through team identification of risk, risk
quantification, and develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Create staffing profiles, schedules and budgets in support of
the project execution and profit goals, good with crunching
- Support negotiations as required with the customer.
- Conduct regular program evaluation and review meetings to
identify current and future problems and initiate actions for their
- Interface with customer on technical issues, scheduling, and
cost and respond to all customer technical and operational
questions with appropriate assistance from functional
- Prepare and submit progress reports to higher management and to
the customer when required.
- Maintain regular liaison with all proposal/program contributors
to ensure the necessary level of communication is in place to
assure realization of their commitments.
- Approve and monitor major purchase orders and
- Approve make/buy decisions.
- Monitor and evaluate subcontractors' performance to ensure
cost, technical, and schedule requirements are met.
- Monitor and ensure the control of product quality and
- Ensure that all contract deliverables and services are properly
delivered to the customer for acceptance within the contractual
- Verify timely invoicing of all completed Contract Line Item
- Responsible for proposal, pricing, and Statement of Work (SOW)
- U.S. Citizenship required.Minimum Job Requirements:
- Four-year college degree in Engineering or Business Operations
or another related field, plus ten years of related work
- Strong background in Earned Value Management and prior P&L
- Must be proficient in integrated master scheduling tools
(ideally Primavera P6), and business management tools (ideally SAP)
and be able to deal effectively with a wide variety of departmental
- Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Must
communicate effectively and succinctly to Executive Leadership
Teams, both verbally and in written form. Requires strong
team-building and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be a proactive leader who is decisive and
- Domestic travel may be required.Additional Desired Skills:
- PMP Certification (or equivalent experience) desired.
- Experience developing C4ISR solutions for DoD customers, with
particular demonstrated success in the maturation of technologies
from mid to high Technology Readiness Levels (TRL). -
- Ability to support and/or lead competitive proposals
representing a Program Management Office.The description provided
above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties,
responsibilities, and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and
requirements may change over time and according to business
needs.(California only***) Minimum full-time salary range between
$193,401- $226, 155 + benefits.***Note: Disclosure of the pay scale
data as required by Labor Code Section 432.3.The Cubic pay range
for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee
of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in
extending an offer include (but are not limited to)
responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge,
skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with
market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other
Keywords: Cubic Corporation, San Diego , Sr. Program Manager, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!