Director of Business Development - Electric Utility
Company: Electric Power Systems
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Looking to POWER UP your career? Then come join a company that
is helping usher in the next generation of Energy for our planet!
The Director of Business Development Electric Utilities is
responsible for growing new customer relationships and developing
new business opportunities to increase the overall Voltyx revenue
and market share in the Western Region of the United States. The
director of business development portfolio includes accounts
existing with high growth potential within the utility industry and
new accounts with potential for rapid development.
- Set goals and develop plans for new business and revenue growth
in line with corporate growth expectations. Report back on progress
and re-alignment strategies.
- Prospect and develop relationships with new accounts in the
- Serve as primary contact for new and existing customers in the
assigned end market. Lead current, develop new, and mine long-term
sustainable industry relationships with accounts at the Executive
- Pursuit leads for the full portfolio of services provided by
the Voltyx Operating Companies and push them though the sales
- Consult with accounts to determine their needs and priorities.
Report back on industry trends, competitors movements, and the
accounts future technology interests.
- Deliver oral presentations to support written proposals and
capabilities of the Voltyx operating companies for potential
- Assist operating companies and subject matter experts to
connect with stakeholders at the account to present Voltyx
- Exhibit a professional behavior when dealing with employees,
clients, and suppliers.
- Find and develop Strategic Partnerships throughout the industry
that pull the Voltyx Operating Companies team together as the best
Offering in the utility market.
- Maintain pipeline and activity data through use of CRM
including but not limited to daily sales activities, opportunities,
top of the funnel revenue, pipeline, and quoted work.
- Develop inside and outside sales strategies for assigned end
- Partner with other BD streams to build relationships that
deliver the full capabilities of the Voltyx Operating Companies to
current and prospective clients.
- Design and deploy turn-key and other enterprise selling
programs to help unify and strengthen the Voltyx Operating
- Participate in special projects as assigned by the VP Strategic
Sales - Utilities.
- 10+ years combined electric utility industry and sales
- Bachelors degree in Business or related field strongly
- Accomplished in Sales, Account Management, Operations, New
Business Development, Marketing in the electric utility space.
- Deep industry or related field knowledge and established
- Technical background in Substation Electrical Testing and
- Key Attributes: Relationship Management, Communication Skills,
Problem Solving, Selling Cycle/Skills, Process Improvement, Sales
related Program & Project Mgmt.
- Travel 50% or more will be required in the Western region of
the USA. Voltyx in an equal opportunity employer. Our organization
does not discriminate based on race, creed, color, veteran status,
sex, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability,
genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an E-Verify, Drug, and Tobacco-Free Workplace.ID: 2022-3804
Metro Area: San Diego External Company URL: eps-international.com
Street: 7925 Dunbrook Rd
Keywords: Electric Power Systems, San Diego , Director of Business Development - Electric Utility, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!