Director of Finance: Exempt
Company: Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa
Location: San Diego
Posted on: March 18, 2023
As a key member of the senior management team, the Director of Finance will play a critical role in guiding the financial strategy and ensuring the long-term financial stability of the resort. This includes financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting. The Director of Finance will also be responsible for managing the resort's accounting, procurement, and information technology teams and ensuring compliance with all financial regulations and laws. The Director of Finance will be responsible for the overall financial management of the resort and will work closely with management, other departments, and the ownership group to ensure the resort's financial success. This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package. Minimum of 5 years of Full-Service Hotel or Resort Experience Required.
- Develop and implement financial strategies and plans to support the resort's overall goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain financial plans, forecasts, and budgets and provide regular financial reports to management.
- Analyze financial data and provide recommendations for cost savings, cost controls, and revenue enhancement.
- Oversee the resort's accounting and finance team and ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Oversee the resort's accounting and financial systems, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
- Ensure compliance with USALI, GAAP, and all relevant financial regulations.
- Oversee the resort's treasury function, including cash management, loan compliance, and liquidity forecasting.
- Provide financial analysis and support for capital projects and expansion initiatives.
- Collaborate with other departments to improve operational efficiency and drive revenue growth. File maintenance of all contracts and insurance coverages regarding potential labilities and losses
- Prepares Sales & Use Tax returns.
- Maintains detailed fixed asset records.
- Arranges standard company audits.
- Demonstrates leadership and develops team members.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with vendors, auditors, and management.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in financial management in the hospitality or tourism industry.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in financial software and accounting systems.
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting, and financial modeling.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Experience working in a resort or hospitality industry is a plus.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage and mentor a team.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other financial software.
- CPA or MBA preferred.
- Very minimal, but potentially.
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Frequent need to sit for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 20 lbs. frequently and 40 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms' reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on the telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
NOTE: A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an at will relationship.
Employee Signature: .............................................................
Keywords: Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa, San Diego , Director of Finance: Exempt, Executive , San Diego, California
here to apply!