Manager, NGS Lab Services - Element Biosciences
Company: Element Biosciences
Location: San Diego
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Element Biosciences, Inc is a multi-disciplinary startup focused
on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and
diagnostic markets.Our San Diego headquarters is looking for an
energetic and talented individual to join a high-performing
genomics lab in support of our research and collaborative
activities.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This full-time, laboratory-based position will manage the
service lab working on innovative library prep assays and
cutting-edge sequencing technologies. The service work supports
both internal and customer-facing projects for genome research,
including cancer and rare genetic disease studies. The laboratory
manager will define, establish, and manage laboratory process,
maintain appropriate lab certifications, and hire, train and manage
- Job duties include but not limited to:
- Establishment of standing operating procedures, lab
documentation, and manage laboratory activities.
- Evaluating and hiring staff, administering training and
laboratory orientation, review of staff performance and
development, and ensuring that staff members comply with all
laboratory rules and regulations, including health and safety
policies, to guarantee the highest quality of results.
- Management of work schedules and project status to ensure
timely completion of service requests.
- Supervision of lab and equipment maintenance including
inspection, cleaning, calibration, testing and repair of lab
equipment; and organization and cleaning of the lab.
- Management of vendors.
- Forecasting and maintenance of supply levels, and inventory
- May serve as the primary point of contact with clients to
provide information and take requests for services.REQUIRED
- The ideal candidate will have the following background/skill
set but not limited:
- Detail-oriented, organized, ability to develop and implement
business processes in lab environment
- High accuracy in working document and experiment data.
- Hands on experience with NGS Library Prep and sequencing.
Experience with automated liquid handler. Proficiency in data
analysis is a plus.
- ISO and GMP knowledge, CLIA/CAP a plus.
- Experience driving work processes to meet business KPIs- TAT,
- Strong communication and people managing skills.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects in fast pace working
environment and manage priority changes.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- MS/PhD in Biology, Chemistry, Molecular biology, Biochemistry,
protein chemistry and chemical engineering or a related
- 2+ years relevant wet lab manager experience.BASE COMPENSATION
PAY RANGE:$125,800 - $148,000In addition to base compensation, you
will be eligible for stock options, discretionary annual bonus, no
cost health insurance plans, 401k with company match, and flexible
paid time off.Please Note: Base compensation will depend on
multiple factors, including geographic location, qualifications,
and experience.We foster an environment such that all people are
afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to
race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age,
disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected
Keywords: Element Biosciences, San Diego , Manager, NGS Lab Services - Element Biosciences, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...