Contract Sr. Program Manager
Company: Fluidra North America
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Fluidra's looking for aContractSr. Program Managerto join our
team at our North American Headquarters in Carlsbad, CA for an
estimated 6-8 months to help push multiple key projects to the
finish line. WHAT YOU WILL CONTRIBUTEThe ideal candidate will be a
Program Manager with many years of project management and process
development experience in a fast-paced team environment. This
position will have responsibilities across product development,
manufacturing, sourcing and go to market scenarios with a focus on
strategies for transformation, process or KPI improvement and
improved project implementation.The primary responsibility will be
driving business transformation through process definition for all
business models with process improvement opportunities and managing
cross-functional projects that could include new product
development, facility/product family moves and/or consolidation,
mergers & acquisitions, business process integration or system
development and deployment. This includes all the communication,
facilitation, and tracking activities that they demand. The
position requires the candidate to work as a team with other
Program Managers and key stakeholders to manage multiple programs
and portfolios of projects.This role also requires extensive
experience with the Waterfall project management methodology, and a
working knowledge of Agile principles. Additionally, you will:
- Champion fact-based, values-guided decision making.
- Manage multiple projects across various product
- Effectively lead projects at any level in the organization from
executive-level teams to entry-level teams.
- Maintain a strong leadership role in large cross-functional
groups to achieve the project goals and deadlines. This includes
conducting all the team meetings, gate reviews, and off-line
communications necessary for progress.
- Effectively communicate project risks, progress, and key
milestones in a group environment, while tracking project status,
including schedule, cost, development cost, capital, and product
- Drive team-based solutions to project challenges.
- Develop key cross-functional relationships to facilitate
teamwork and innovation.
- Manage complex project calendars and multiple deadlines.
- Document and analyze key project activities.
- Assist and mentor team members to sustain an energetic, high
- Identify and resolve risks or elevate them to the leadership
team in a timely manner to minimize impact on project success
(Quality, Cost, Schedule) including team conflicts, constraints or
- Champion standardized processes such as: New Product
Development (NPD) and Value Improvement (VI) while also driving
improvements in those processes.WHAT WE SEEK
- 10+ years professional program management experience.
- 12+ years overall professional-level experience.
- Working knowledge of program management philosophies and
processes, and experience implementing changes/improvements within
- Experience working in a global team environment desired.
- Ability and willingness to travel. The travel requirement will
be determined by the activities of the projects and will vary from
time to time. May be as high as 15%.
- The successful candidate must be energetic and flexible with
excellent planning and organizing ability, a proven leader who
displays sound judgment and the ability to make key decisions,
while bringing excitement and motivation to the team.
- Must be a demonstrated problem solver with the ability to
manage information, to systematically analyze that information and
willingness to delegate tasks and responsibilities.
- Excellent organizational, communication in English (written and
oral) and interpersonal team skills.
- Strong track record of accomplished projects with increasing
- Highly developed expertise in the following areas:
- Program/Project Management tools and techniques.
- Understanding and effective use of KPIs or other metrics to
drive successful projects (schedule, costs, EVA, etc.)
- MS Project, Smartsheet, Primavera or other project and
portfolio management software.
- MS office applications.
- Google Suite and Google Drive.
- Expectation to deliver on all commitments.
- Ability to act as an independent intermediary between
engineering, supply chain/operations, and marketing team
- PMP -, CAPM -, or similar certification preferred.
- Experience with Consumer Product Manufacturing, design,
marketing, selling and business processes preferred.
- Knowledge of financial reports.
- Understanding of ERP systems and Business Process tools.
- Lean principles and 6 Sigma process improvement experience is a
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.WHAT WE OFFERAn
exciting opportunity to dive in and begin your career with a
company that offers a competitive total rewards package that
- 9/80 work week schedule (EVERY OTHER FRIDAY OFF!)
- On-site self-service caf-- / free gourmet coffee stations
- Company sponsored FUN events!
- On-site gym, ping-pong, foosball, outdoor bocce ball court, BBQ
& firepitWHO WE AREFluidra is a publicly listed company focused on
developing innovative products, services and IoT solutions for the
residential, commercial and wellness pool markets, globally. The
company operates in over 45 countries, has over 7,000 employees and
owns a portfolio of some of the industry's most recognized and
trusted brands: Polaris -, Jandy -, CMP, S.R. Smith, and Zodiac -.
We also sell products under the Cover-Pools -, iAquaLink -, Grand
Effects -, Dell - and Nature2 - names.With these combined resources
we're able accelerate innovation in critical areas like
energy-efficiency, robotics and the Internet of Things.Our focus is
on creating the perfect pool and wellness experience responsibly.
We take our mission to heart, and our employees embody these
guiding principles in everything we do:passion for success,honesty
& trust, customer collaboration,teamworkand inclusion,learn and
adapt,excellence and innovation.Don't meet every single requirement
listed? At Fluidra, we thrive on building an inclusive workspace,
so if you are excited about this role and your past experience
doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may
be just the right candidate for this role or another role in the
organization. Fluidra is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Fluidra recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes
regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex,
disability, age, veteran status, or any legally protected
characteristic.Due to this being a temporary/ contract role, it
will be paid hourly. Expectedhourly rate is $78.00/ hour- $87.00/
hour. The actualoffer will carefully consider a wide range of
factors, including skills, qualifications,experienceand location.
Your recruiter will provide additional details on
ourcompensationand total rewards program.#Zip
Keywords: Fluidra North America, San Diego , Contract Sr. Program Manager, Executive , Carlsbad, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...