Company: J&J Worldwide Services
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 16, 2023
DescriptionGeneral SummaryResponsible for managing and
supervising the O&M management team and employees, FSO/call
center operations, and subcontractor effort in operating and
maintaining facilities, ensuring quality control and safe facility
environments. Plans and executes preventative and corrective
maintenance program.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively manages maintenance operations necessary to execute
all scheduled maintenance and unscheduled maintenance events
described in the PWS within established regulatory
- Responsible for assigning work orders, staff duties, and
reviewing all corrective and preventative maintenance for proper
- Manages and supervises work orders to ensure timely, accurate,
and effective completion and documentation.
- Solicits bids for service contracts for maintenance work and
oversees timely completion.
- Serves as the preventative and corrective maintenance subject
matter expert for the team to come to for guidance and
- Ensures adherence, compliance, and conformance to contract
requirements, SCA, DBA, and other federal regulations, and reviews
performance indicators to improve efficiency.
- Analyzes monthly actions to include labor, expenditures, and
overtime, and collaborates with the management team and customer on
areas of improvement.
- Assists management team with communication between staff and
the customer, building positive, long term relationships.
- Ensures building files, drawings, and maintenance records are
- Performs Quality Control (QC) inspections; initiates, oversees,
and documents corrective and preventative actions in support of the
QC program for the employees and subcontractors.
- Plans, manages, directs, and motivates assigned personnel and
long-range activities, and ensures all programs and procedures are
being properly implemented; promotes process improvement and ISO
- Responsible for on-the-job and ongoing training for all
maintenance employees and subcontractors in safety, NFPA
requirements, and general trade requirements.
- Responsible for parts and materials needed for on time
maintenance, and coordinates requisitions with the Purchasing
- Investigates equipment failures and issues to diagnose faulty
operation and makes recommendations to PM, O&M team, and FM
- Oversees installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of
systems and equipment, and ensures systems are installed and
functioning according to specifications.
- Maintains oversight of O&M equipment warranty and reviews
- Maintains status of all SOs in the hospital and provides
continual weekly updates to the PM and FM staff.
- Assists in preparation of monthly reports; reviews assigned
PMs, WOs, and SOs monthly to determine percent complete in order to
invoice the government.
- Performs over the shoulder inspections and help maintain a safe
- Shall be on site during the government's regular working
- Manages other departments and other duties as
required.Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements
- 5 years' experience in operations and maintenance
- 3 years' experience in supervision of a similar size workforce,
and a minimum experience of two trades
- High school diploma/GED or Higher Education
- Valid Driver's License
- OSHA 10-hour Safety Certification
- Knowledge of the proper repair, maintenance, and operational
requirements for medical facilities and utilities.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the operation, repair, and
maintenance of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, fire,
controls, and security systems.
- Experienced with computer programs including all applications
of Microsoft, CMMS, and BAS.
- Demonstrated capability to work in a dynamic, fast paced
environment; action oriented and able to handle multiple priorities
at a time.
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Knowledge of continuous based monitoring programs and automated
guided vehicles.Work is performed indoors and outdoors in extreme
heat and a full range of climatic weather conditions. Required to
wear uncomfortable protective clothing and devices when working
with hazardous chemicals. Subjected to hazardous gases, high
pressure gases, hot liquids, dirt, dust, and oil/grease. Requires
physical dexterity, standing, stooping, climbing, and lifting heavy
objects to perform duties. Must be physically able to work on
ladders, scaffolds, platforms, roofs and in cramped equipment
rooms, and other confined spaces.
- Must be able to pass background check and obtain NAC/LAC
- Possible exposure to hazardous materials, requiring use of
respirators and personal protective safety attire and
- May require entering confined spaces such as ductwork, pits,
and crawl spaces.
- Lifting and carrying varies - dependent on location of
equipment up to 30-40ft height.
- Ability to push 50 pounds (maintenance equipment); ability to
lift minimum of 50 pounds (supplies and equipment).This job
description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of
the employer and requirements of the job change.We maintain a
drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
testing.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals
with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: J&J Worldwide Services, San Diego , Operations Manager, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!