VP of Clinical Operations
Company: EPM Scientific - Phaidon International
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Position Overview:My client is looking for a Vice President of
Clinical Operations with extensive experience and a vision to
guide, and manage the clinical operations division within their
company. As the VP of Clinical Operations, you will be essential to
the efficient organization, management, and planning of all
clinical trials and research projects. The progress of their
clinical programs and the general performance of their healthcare
organization will be greatly aided by your strategic leadership and
- Ensure the efficient operation of each clinic in your area,
exercise leadership, and provide strategic direction.
- Drive operational excellence and accomplish business goals by
drawing on your expertise working across many hospital sites and
your industry knowledge.
- Oversee and assist clinic managers and directors to ensure
adherence to rules, policies, and procedures.
- Implement and maintain quality assurance procedures to
guarantee the provision of top-notch patient care.
- Develop and implement regional strategy in conjunction with top
executives, including the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
- Monitor metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) to track
performance and find areas for improvement.
- Develop and implement new programs and initiatives in close
collaboration with the executive team.
- To promote business growth, establish and maintain connections
with stakeholders, community partners, and referral sources.
- 10 years or more of expertise in clinical operations, including
6 years in managerial roles managing clinical trials.
- A Master's or PhD in a relevant scientific field, or comparable
experience in the medical field or the life sciences. An additional
advantage would be an MBA or other business-related
- Experience managing and carrying out clinical trials
successfully across a variety of therapeutic areas, including phase
- Comprehensive understanding of the ethical principles and
global regulatory framework that govern clinical research.
- Leadership abilities that have been proven, including the
capacity to inspire and build high-performing teams.
- Strong ability to think strategically, solve problems, and make
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as
the capacity to work productively with cross-functional teams and
- Knowledge of several electronic data capture (EDC) and clinical
trial management systems (CTMS).Travel:
- This position may work remotely from a dedicated home office
(if not local to San Diego, CA) or hybrid (if local to San Diego,
CA). The preference is for candidates located on the west
- This position will require up to 10% travel throughout the
continental United States.
- The core office hours for this position are Monday through
Friday, 8AM-5PM Pacific Standard Time or Mountain Time, requiring
flexibility to support clients and the business outside of these
core hours (the direct reports of the VP of Clinical Operations
work 8AM-10PM Pacific Standard Time, seven days a week, including
- Comprehensive health insurance, including Medical, Dental,
Vision, Accident, Critical Illness, and Hospital Indemnity
- Company paid Basic Life, Short and Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance option
- Health Savings Accounts (with employer contribution)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program to help with confidential emotional
support, work life solutions, financial solutions, legal
assistance, or online support.
- Online Subscription to Headspace, a digital mindfulness and
- 401k Plan with up to 10% company match
- Paid time off and 7 paid Holidays
Keywords: EPM Scientific - Phaidon International, San Diego , VP of Clinical Operations, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!