Analyst, Asset Management
Company: ShopCore Properties
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 19, 2023
We are Community Partners.
We are Opportunity Creators.
We are Responsible People.
We are Entrepreneurial spirits.
WE are ShopCore.
Guided by our C.O.R.E principles and the support of Blackstone,
ShopCore has set themselves apart from the competition. An industry
leader in the commercial real estate market, ShopCore -has multiple
shopping centers in over -18 states across the United States.
We are looking for an Analyst to join our Asset Management team.
This team is responsible for providing financial and strategic
analysis support related to the management of the Company's
portfolio of shopping centers. Analyst projects may include
financial modeling, financial reporting and monitoring, reporting
investment performance, and asset-level valuation/underwriting.
As of the date on which this job advertisement is posted, the
Company anticipates that the base salary range for this role is
$75,000-95,000, with a 15% bonus target (this represents the
presently-anticipated low and high end of the Company's base salary
range for this position). Total direct compensation may also
include discretionary bonus and/or incentive compensation. Actual
base salary range may vary based on various factors, including but
not limited to location and experience.
What you will do:
- Develop and analyze reports that identify key operating metrics
(e.g., occupancy, leasing activity, rent, operating margins,
estimates of asset value, etc.)
- Prepare and manage weekly, monthly, and quarterly
- Analyze property level operating budgets and capital plans,
re-forecasts, and cash flow assumptions
- Prepare and participate in quarterly valuation process
- Participate and assist in the preparation of annual property
- Conduct various financial analyses on leasing deal approval,
tenant credit review, investment opportunities, peer market
performance, and other ad hoc research as requested
- Stay abreast of industry trends, transactional activity, and
outside research perspectives relative to the real estate
- Assist in the coordination of transaction management and
financial due diligence related to the acquisition/disposition of
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and
establishing personal networks
- Assume additional responsibilities and perform special projects
as needed or directed
- Ability to travel 10-20% domestically
What you should have:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in Business Administration or a
related discipline from an accredited college/university
- 1-3 years of financial analyst experience
- Advanced abilities in Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Strong understanding of financial analysis concepts, including,
but not limited to, rates of return, cash flows, net present
- Experience within a real estate organization, private equity,
investment adviser, or REIT role strongly preferred
- Experience with Argus, retail properties, and/or property
management software (i.e., JDE, MRI, etc.) is preferred
- Self-motivation, self-direction, and ability to work
- Ability to work well under pressure with multiple competing
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- High degree of integrity
What we offer:
We are a driven organization with teammates who are supportive,
collaborative, and encourage different perspectives. We don't take
ourselves too seriously, but we take our work seriously. We stock
our offices with snacks, drinks, and games!
You will also have the opportunity to contribute to our
teammate-led committees, including our Diversity, Equity &
Inclusion Committee that champions and fosters an inclusive and
diverse professional environment, SEED - our female-focused program
designed to foster professional and personal growth, and
CoreGiving, a nonprofit that lies at the heart of our organization,
founded by ShopCore and laser-focused on fighting food insecurities
and childhood hunger.
We are committed to sustaining this environment and a spirit of
partnership with the communities in which we operate. We are
dedicated to protecting the environment and to improving the lives
of those around us. We derive satisfaction from knowing that our
charitable efforts and sustainability initiatives leave our
communities better than we found them.
And of course, we offer competitive pay and a full slate of
If any of this sounds interesting, apply today, and come grow with
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with
applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant,
employee, or other covered person based on any legally recognized
basis, including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniformed
servicemember status, race, color, caste, immigration status,
religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming
practices), sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity,
marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy (including
childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), age, national
origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability,
genetic information (including testing and characteristics),
protected leave status, domestic violence victim status, or any
other consideration protected by federal, state or local law. We
are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if you need
an accommodation to complete the application process, please email
Keywords: ShopCore Properties, San Diego , Analyst, Asset Management, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!