EPMO Project Manager - (Senior Level) (REMOTE)
Company: MillenniumSoft Inc
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Position : EPMO Project Manager - (Senior Level) (REMOTE)
Location : San Diego, CA
Duration : 12 Months contract
Total Hours/week : 40.00
Client: Medical Device Company
Level Of Experience: Senior Level
Employment Type: Contract on W2 (Need US Citizens Or GC Holders
Scope of role
The EPMO Project Manager provides Project Management support for
assigned medium to large sized projects (typically projects of
moderate complexity, medium to high risk and cost), which have a
direct impact on achieving BD cross-functional objectives. This is
defined internally at BD as Tier 1 or Tier 2 projects. The Project
Manager may manage one or more projects that are part of a larger
strategic program. The Project Manager leads the project through
building effective relationships with business leaders, the
project/program team and key stakeholders. The Project Manager
drives the delivery of the project through advanced project
management techniques and methodologies. The Project Manager may
have responsibility to lead/coach/mentor other EPMO team members
either as project team members or as direct reports.
- Successful planning, executing and delivering one or more
concurrent medium/large projects (defined internally at client as
Tier 1 or Tier 2 projects).
- Partners with project sponsors and stakeholders to define
- Works directly with executive and director level business
leaders to understand the strategic objectives for major business
change initiatives and define the tactical programs/projects to
realize these objectives.
- Takes ownership for delivering project objectives and
- Drives project execution within established scope, schedule,
resource and quality requirements, leading project teams of
cross-functional resources in matrixed environment.
- Defines, communicates and delivers project scope, goals and
- Creates and organizes project work, required documents and
deliverables for validation and compliance traceability (as
required by the project, EPMO practices and applicable
- Creates a project governance process, including meeting
cadence, scorecard, RAID log in accordance with established EPMO
practices and required tools.
- Identifies resources required to successfully complete the
objectives of assigned projects.
- Leads project teams in accordance with established EPMO and
client project management methodologies and practices, maintaining
optimal team performance on assigned project tasks and
- Provides timely and effective project communications, including
meeting facilitation, and executive status reporting.
- Identifies and manages project risks and issues, ensuring their
timely mitigation and resolution with impacted
- Creates management reports and presentations (as required) to
keep project sponsor and other leaders and stakeholders up to date
on schedule, budget and deliverable status.
- Plans and executes change management activities related to each
- Manages internal and external customer relationships to realize
high customer satisfaction for their project.
- Adheres to and follows all applicable EPMO Project Management
guidelines and practices.
- Supports EPMO management in refining project management
practices and implementing them throughout the EPMO.
- Mentors Project Managers and Project Coordinators in project
management best practices.
- Responsible for leading and training direct reports, team
members and other managers to identify and achieve performance
- Responsible to coach and facilitate skills development
activities to help team members manage their career.
Project / Program Management:
- Must be knowledgeable in project and program management
industry best practices and have in-depth understanding of the
project management planning process.
- Skilled in driving the project team to produce detailed scope,
schedule, and budget using standard project management
- Develops clear problem statements and resolution options for
escalation to project sponsors and management.
- Provides principal drive towards action for project
- Proactive in driving creative resolutions to project issues and
risk mitigation strategies.
- Able to establish a governance structure with operating
mechanisms and cadence appropriate for VP or C-level
- Develops fully integrated, multi-work stream project management
plans, anticipating work needs and factors that will influence
- Demonstrated experience in establishing project change control
governance to manage scope changes, and reporting project
- Understands and leads the team in the established processes to
define and validate acceptance / gate criteria for the project to
ensure successful project completion stakeholder acceptance
Risk and Issue Management:
--- Capable of demonstrating an understanding of the value of
continuous risk management on assigned projects and leveraging team
members to identify risks and brainstorm mitigation plans.
- Able to distinguish between risk mitigation and issue
resolution; demonstrating an understanding of how one may evolve
into the other.
- Able to facilitate team members in the resolution of issues on
assigned projects and develop alternative approaches for resolution
to be presented to and approved by project sponsors.
- Capable of facilitating interdependency workshops to lead team
members in productive conversations to accurately identify risks,
issues, resulting impact and resolution plans.
- Able to coach lesser experienced PMs and business leaders in
successful risk and issue management.
- Applies critical thinking skills objectively considering
multiple angles to decision making and problem solving.
- Able to quickly gather relevant data across multiple risks,
issues and interdependencies to bring clarity to confusion while
defining the process to go about addressing the issues
- Presents recommended course of action, when escalating issues
along with additional viable options
- Communicates clearly through verbal team updates and written
project summaries (status, issues or risks) with peers and senior
- Delivers tailored communications for the receiving
- Demonstrates active listening and confirms
- Able to maintain regular, effective communications with the
project team, resource managers and sponsors.
- Leads the development of a comprehensive communication plan
with team members, stakeholders and / or customers.
- Proven ability to apply appropriate communication, facilitation
& escalation skills to ensure effective information exchange.
- Capable of clearly communicating project scope and objectives
to the team.
- Has the ability to know when and which stakeholders to engage
to resolve issues.
- Effective in creating a positive working environment within the
project team that encourages collaboration and innovation.
- Creates leadership presence that instills a level of confidence
in team members and stakeholders that project manager can drive
successful project outcome.
- Knowledge of client policies, practices, trends, and technology
developments to help drive decision making to reduce project risk
and achieve project results.
- Capable of using applicable client and EPMO processes and
procedures required to accomplish assigned work (i.e.: procurement
process, contracting, legal, etc.).
- Able to clearly articulate how a project strategically aligns
- Required to understand client core businesses and the functions
that support them.
- Can identify key project stakeholders and understand their
goals and motivations for the project.
- Capable of demonstrating a knowledge of regional concerns and
differences. Able to recognize their impact on project planning &
- Ability to utilize the resources, tools and processes available
to direct how to get things done at client; strong knowledge of who
to turn to for guidance, direction and assistance.
- Required to know who the key decision makers are across the
EPMO and knowledge of client top leaders.
- Able to promote cross functional collaboration within assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities (for people managers):
- Ability to coach and supervise experienced professional
associates, usually in a matrix structure as aligned to
- Able to provide honest feedback and hold crucial conversations
with direct reports on performance and results and provide input to
all HR related matters including annual compensation
- Capable of being a moderate to strong champion for their PMs;
influencing program sponsors and stakeholders to remove barriers
facing the PM.
Degree of Accountability:
- Accountable for setting own work direction and complete work
tasks along with setting the direction of assigned project team
members or other project managers
- May be accountable for the achievement of key operational or
- Often plays critical role in key projects /
- Erroneous decisions may cause delays and result in the
allocation of more resources
Breadth of Assignment
- Leads the execution of moderately sized projects
- Required to be able to successfully lead medium to large sized
project teams on projects of moderate scope and
- Capable of managing up to three mid-sized projects (projects of
moderate complexity, scope and cost) simultaneously.
Client, a leading global medical technology company that makes and
sells medical devices, instrumented systems and reagents, is
dedicated to improving people's health throughout the world.
The Company's capabilities are instrumental in combating many of
the world's most pressing diseases.
Founded in 1897 and headquartered in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey,
Client employs more than 25,000 people in approximately 50
countries throughout the world.
The Company serves healthcare institutions, life science
researchers, clinical laboratories, industry and the general
It was one of the first companies to sell U.S.-made glass syringes.
It was also a pioneer in the production of hypodermic needles and
ranked #195 in the 2019 Fortune 500 list.
It was also listed among the top 100 companies in Newsweek's 2009
Green Rankings. Ranking of the 500 largest American corporations
based on environmental performance, policies, and reputation.
Placed third in the health care sector and 83rd overall
Keywords: MillenniumSoft Inc, San Diego , EPMO Project Manager - (Senior Level) (REMOTE), Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!