Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Grifols is a global healthcare company whose mission is to improve the health and well being of people. Our three divisions Bioscience, Diagnostic and Hospitaldevelop, produce and market our innovative products and services to medical professionals in more than 100 countries.
We are committed to fostering an environment that creates continuous learning opportunities and encourages professional development and growth. As a company devoted to improving the health and well-being of people, we are looking for talented professionals worldwide. Make a difference and join us in this challenging and rewarding enterprise.
The incumbent will help develop, drive and sustain a comprehensive Environment, Health and Safety program that ensures regulatory compliance and promotes a strong culture of health, safety and environmental protection.
Primary responsibilities for role:
- Develop and implement a regulatory compliance program including monitoring completion of regulatory activities and implementing compliance inspections and audits
- Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of an EH&S management sys-tem for OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 certification
- Assist with the development and delivery of a comprehensive EH&S training program
- Work with Safety leads to promote a strong proactive E,H&S culture and conduct Safety Walkthroughs with managers and employees
- Monitor E,H&S KPIs and provide them to the Corporate Environment Department
- Promote opportunities for improvement and E,H&S goals
- Realize internal E,H&S audits
- Communicate new compliance obligations that could affect other departments
- Maintain E,H&S databases for incident management, corrective action tracking
- Assist with the Environmental Sustainability and manage sustainability projects
- Conduct incident investigations as needed
- Manage Health, Safety & Environmental programs in Contractor Safety, Accident/Incident reporting, Bloodborne Pathogens, Hearing Conservation, Respiratory Protection, Hazard Communication, Lockout/Tagout, Risk Analysis, Behavioral Based Safety, Air Emissions, Hazardous Waste, Wastewater, Stormwater, SPCC, Biological Waste
- Maintain current RCRA, DOT, First Aid, CPR, Hazwoper, and Hazmat Specialist training
- Assist with the implementation of the Job Safety Analyses program
- Participate on emergency response team
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have excellent leadership and influencing skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and program management skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Results driven with a passion for E, H&S
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and excel in dynamic working teams
- Computer proficiency (e.g. advanced SharePoint and Excel)
Minimum of 5-7 years experience in EHS preferably in a Biotech/Pharma manufacturing or other regulated environment
Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements. Example: If a job level requires a Bachelors degree plus 4 years of experience, an equivalency could include 8 years of experience, an Associates degree with 6 years of experience, or a Masters degree with 2 years of experience.
Location: NORTH AMERICA : USA : CA-San Diego:USSDW - San Diego CA - Willow Ct Mfg
Learn more about Grifols
Keywords: Grifols, San Diego , EH&S Manager, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!