Pricing Manager (FMS/Advance Programs)
Company: General Atomics and Affiliated Companies
Location: San Diego
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Pricing Manager III
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Pricing Manager to support FMS/Advance Programs. This position is responsible for managing the development of pricing schedules for government and commercial proposals. Manages the analysis of specifications and calculation of costs using labor and material pricing schedules and historical data, the collection of cost data from functional representatives, subcontractors, and vendors, and the computation of cost estimates of raw materials or subcontracted work and labor. Manages the development of cost models for cost estimating elements and the development of cost reports. Presents findings to management, contract personnel, proposal coordinators, customer representatives, price auditors, vendors, and subcontractors. Objectives are typically accomplished through professional staff.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees and manages the development of cost proposal structure and pricing strategy for commercial and government proposals.
- Manages the development of cost, schedule, milestones and proposal supporting data.
- Manages the development of proposal pricing data to ensure conformance to Request for Proposal (RFP) and FAR regulations.
- Manages policies and procedures for the pricing and estimating functions within the company. Interprets, executes and recommends modifications to organizational policy.
- Negotiates and manages contracts. Manages direct pre-award, post-award and fact finding audits.
- Represents the organization as the primary interface with internal functional groups as well as outside vendors.
- Manages the planning, attraction, selection, retention, and development of human resources to ensure the availability of the required professional staff.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Contracts/Sub Contracts/Purchasing, Finance/Accounting
Travel Percentage Required
0% - 25%
Pricing Manager (FMS/Advance Programs)
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or business administration and eleven or more years of professional experience in developing pricing schedules with at least five years in a supervisory capacity. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate an extensive understanding of pricing principles, concepts and practices with the ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate workloads and staff to meet established milestones.
- Must be customer focused and possess:
- (1) the ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop innovative solutions to a variety of complex matters of diverse scope and nature;
- (2) excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings to a variety of audiences;
- (3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide all levels of employees, including senior managers and senior external parties;
- (4) the ability to represent the company on external projects; and (5) excellent computer skills. The ability to work extended hours and travel is required. A professional certification is desirable.
Keywords: General Atomics and Affiliated Companies, San Diego , Pricing Manager (FMS/Advance Programs), Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!