Scrum Master/Technical Project Manager
Company: UTC Aerospace Systems
Location: Chula Vista
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Scrum Master/Technical Project Manager
Save This JobJob is Saved
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Req ID 75590BR Date posted 10/30/2018 City Chula Vista
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called nacelles. UTC Aerospace Systems Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the worlds newest and most game-changing airplane platforms. And were not stopping there: were working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, were pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
Scrum Master/Tech Project Manager role is part of Data Science and Analytics and will work with other functions on initiatives related to improving our business systems and processes in the Materials area and across Aerostructures. The incumbent will provide agile process and project management expertise while effectively communicating with technical teams and business stakeholders. A qualified candidate must be able to operate with multiple tracks simultaneously, identify track and remove impediments. A qualified candidate will have the necessary tools and process skills, the ability to communicate effectively with internal customers and the ability to learn and leverage new concepts/frameworks, process and technology rapidly as changes arise.
- Work with other functions on specific projects to improve our data analytics and reporting for processes in Materials management across Aerostructures (ASG).
- Facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo, and retrospective meetings.
- Needs to be able to forecast the numbers of deliverables possible in an iteration, which is based on evidence and reliable source
- Needs to be expert in estimation and planning. He/She knows how to create useful, reliable and practical plans for software development projects.
- Coach the team and the rest of the organization on Agile practices
- Identify and manage scope concerns, risks, and issues and escalate as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain project plans for multiple projects.
- Ensure business requirements are implemented within approved timelines and budget.
- Conduct traceability evaluations to confirm project requirements are appropriately documented.
- 5+ years relevant experience in a Scrum Master\\Project Manager or equivalent role.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience presenting to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
- Knowledge of Waterfall, Phase Gate and other similar equivalent frameworks.
- Strong analytical, design and documentation skills.
- Provide periodic statistical analysis on team utilization, capacity, skill sets, blockers and other KPI to support effective and efficient process.
- Being able to effectively interface between technical teams and business stakeholders
- Ability to provide training and coach the teams on scrum theory, rules and practices
- Effective utilization and administrative management of systems and tools such as Jira\\Confluence\\A-Ha\\MS Projet etc.
- Excellent team member.
- Masters degree in Computer Science or Business
- Experience implementing ERP, MES and business intelligence systems (SAP preferred)
- Certified in Lean manufacturing or Six-Sigma with a demonstrated ability to establish and mature a CI culture
- Certified Scrum Master
- Certified PMP
- Hands-on experience with data mining, data exploration and visualization tools (R, Tableau).
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- Degree in Computer Science, Operations, Business or other relevant field
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Keywords: UTC Aerospace Systems, San Diego , Scrum Master/Technical Project Manager, Executive , Chula Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!