DIrector of Mobile Engineering
Company: Godaddy Operating Company LLC
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Responsibilities:You will have significant influence on our overall mobile strategy, you will grow and develop a high-performing team. You will learn a variety of cutting-edge technologies and develop well-rounded leadership skills.
- You will be managing a total of about four to ten engineers (split between Android and iOS), with a view to hiring additional developers to help you out as the teams grow.
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Lead by example Willing and able to dive into the code yourself
- Be accountable for the team s code quality by performing code reviews and promoting engineering best practices (TDD, CI/CD)
- Responsible for the overall software development life cycle.
- Interact with all team members every day as a leader and coach (weekly one on ones).
- Plan and support career development of the engineers.
- Excited to partner with design and product management on both large new features and daily, small product enhancements
- Lead architectural discussions with the team and across partners
- Have a very crisp handle on deliverable s and their feasibility.
- Track progress and maintain a clear perspective on deadlines and road maps.Requirements:
- You have delivered mobile software solutions in a manager role.
- Desire to lead the mobile revolution at GoDaddy and become the Mobile evangelist.
- Deep experience knowledge with helping team develop and automate code testing, within high test coverage environments.
- Ability to communicate effectively with cross functional teams.
- Strong understanding of modern mobile applications and technologies
- Passionate about providing quality mobile experiences for our customers
- You are highly skilled in either of Android or IOS development with Objective C, Swift or Java
- Experience implementing Continuous Deployment
- Experience working in an Agile environment, TDD experience preferred
- 8+ years professional software engineering experience
- You have at least five years of experience in managing engineering teams.
- Computer Science bachelor's degree, relevant technical degree or equivalent experience#LI-JA1GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at Recruiting@godaddy. comTo submit your application to this position, please click Apply. On the next screen, after you click Apply, click Create to establish your candidate account. If you have previously created a candidate account, please slick Sign-In and use that account to complete your application.
Keywords: Godaddy Operating Company LLC, San Diego , DIrector of Mobile Engineering, Executive , Carlsbad, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!