Personal Loans Portfolio Analyst, Assistant Vice President
Location: San Diego
Posted on: March 17, 2019
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., were 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. At Union Bank, we aim to be the premier and most-trusted West Coast bank, serving customers with high-touch, local delivery and global capabilities as we leverage our rich, 150-year history. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by competitive Total Rewards, including our cash balance pension plan. Join a team thats working to fulfill its vision to be the worlds most trusted financial group.
Responsible for conducting portfolio monitoring and analyses for the Retail Banks unsecured lending and card products. The role will enable the planning, development and implementation of portfolio reporting, existing customer management strategies, and ad-hoc reporting and analyses in support of the unsecured lending and card portfolio management efforts.
Major Responsibilities include:
Portfolio Monitoring and Reporting:
- Design, develop and create recurring portfolio monitoring reports and OLAP-like tools to allow leadership to efficiently and effectively understand necessary details of the portfolios performance. A focus will be on interest income, non-interest income and changes in receivable dynamics and the underlying drivers of those items.
- Partner with Product, Finance, Marketing, and Operations to enable and sustain reporting needs.
- Support Product in the analysis of portfolio performance and identify opportunities to improve overall portfolio performance.
Reporting, Documentation, and Analytics:
- Design and develop strategies and oversee analytical models used to effect existing customer treatment strategies. Collaborates with Product, Marketing, Finance and Operations in the execution of such strategies.
- May support customer segmentation analysis, operational and/or marketing data file creation as needed. Strategies include balance growth, account activation and usage, retention and product upgrades.
- Provide ad-hoc reports and analyses to identify unique risks and opportunities within the business.
- Meet customer and business reporting needs, including data extraction, sampling of existing customer records, report creation and research.
- Prepare written documentation in support of audit or regulatory exams.
- Document and oversee processes in line with policy expectations.
- Support audit and regulatory reporting requirements including data extraction, report creation and research.
Qualifications:Education, Years of Experience, and Type of Work Experience:
- 3+ years experience in unsecured lending with focus in credit risk, marketing analytics, or portfolio analytics.
- Experience in credit card lending, TRIAD or Adaptive control strategy management preferred.
- Bachelors degree in quantitative area such as statistics, finance, economics, accounting or actuarial science.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Significant experience using SAS, R, SPSS, or other similar data analytics packages as well as directing a team in the usage of these packages.
- Experience developing and producing recurring portfolio monitoring reporting in a highly automated environment.
- Experience in general data management if preferred.
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel and significant experience using all MS office applications.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected categories.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, its the banks policy to only inquire into a candidates criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Keywords: UnionBank, San Diego , Personal Loans Portfolio Analyst, Assistant Vice President, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!