Branch Service Manager, Lemon Grove, CA
Location: Lemon Grove
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. At Union Bank, we aim to be the premier and most-trusted West Coast bank, serving customers with high-touch, local delivery and global capabilities as we leverage our rich, 150-year history. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by competitive Total Rewards, including our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group. Job Summary Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Branch Service Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of day-to-day branch operations with an emphasis on risk mitigation, regulatory compliance and maximization of sales referrals. Provide leadership to a team of sales and service professionals to meet and exceed sales goals and provide a consistent positive customer experience. This position is also responsible for a variety of duties focused on the development of new business, as well as retaining and expanding current relationships with customers. Depending on the office assigned, may be responsible for service management of specialty segments such as Priority, Cash and Save etc. Major Responsibilities: Under guidance and direction from the Branch Manager, the Branch Service Manager will be responsible for: 30% Branch Operations /Risk Management/Compliance
- Partnering with the Branch Manager in training and supporting risk mitigation activities.
- Ensure understanding, knowledge and adherence to operating policies, procedures and regulatory requirements of branch staff.
- Effectively resolve problems, exceptions, and account adjustments.
- Approve or disapprove transactions within assigned authority limits. Transaction approval limits may vary based on branch level and complexity.
- Assist in managing personnel and operating expenses.
- Leverage workforce planning tools to optimize staffing.
- Security Coordinator for the branch. 25% Customer Service
- Lead, monitor and coach branch employees to deliver a consistent positive customer experience.
- Resolve customer issues and complaints in a timely, professional and effective manner.
- Act as liaison with other support areas of the Bank to resolve customer issues.
- When necessary, may be required to perform activities related to other branch positions (e.g. cash handling). 20% Training/Coaching Staff
- Assist in creating and managing a strong sales, service and operations culture, fostering an environment in which all branch employees excel and achieve scorecard goals.
- Coach and monitor staff to ensure consistent performance expectations are achieved.
- Provide ongoing guidance, coaching and training to branch employees to ensure they are able to perform their job effectively.
- Provide cross-training opportunities and direction for the career growth and development of employees.
- Partner with Branch Manager in the hiring and performance management of staff. 25% Sales Management Activities
- Coach tellers to effectively identify quality referral opportunities and refer appropriately.
- Maximize sales growth by developing and participating in customer acquisition and retention programs.
- Manage customer retention program and conduct retention calls and visits regularly.
- Open new consumer and business accounts as required by branch traffic and/or staffing.
- Represent the Bank by participating in local community activities.
- The Branch Service Manager will assume overall responsibility for the branch in the absence of the Branch Manager. Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Typically requires 5+ years' branch operations experience including management
- Requires strong sales and service orientation and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and clients
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and coaching skills
- Working knowledge and experience with compliance regulations
- Thorough knowledge of banking practices, products and services. This position may be subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations (as defined by the SAFE Act) must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements. If at any time the Bank determines that your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in your immediate termination. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses
Keywords: UnionBank, San Diego , Branch Service Manager, Lemon Grove, CA, Executive , Lemon Grove, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!