Company: Delaware North
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 16, 2019
Our Exciting Work Environment Grounded in a foundation of family
ownership for over 100 years, Delaware North has earned a
reputation as one of the most admired family-owned hospitality
companies in the world. At Petco Park, we provide food and beverage
concessions, luxury suites catering, and retail for our partner,
MLB's San Diego Padres. We're working behind the scenes and on the
front lines - making each guest experience, moment and memory the
best it can be. The Opportunity As Concessions Manager at Petco
Park, you will oversee the operations of assigned concessions
outlets and supervise concessions associates and on-profit
volunteers (if applicable), in accordance with Delaware North's
GuestPath standards and applicable operational standards. The
essential functions of this role are:
- Supervise and coordinate activities of concessions associates
on a per shift basis, including scheduling, training, counseling,
and enforcing work procedures and service standards.
- Observe, evaluate, and document job performance of stand
attendants, stand leaders, and assists with stand personnel
- Inspect all stands and portables in the assigned area.
- Ensure that all equipment is set up properly and operating
efficiently and accurately.
- Ensure all stands, portable carts, and surrounding areas remain
clean, sanitized, and safe.
- Analyze and resolve all problems with associates, guests, and
the operation with the assistance of management.
- Cash out associates following cash handling procedures;
investigates "over and shorts' with stand leaders and non-profit
- Estimate, request, and inspect supplies and inventory.
- Ensure accuracy of all deliveries.
- Adhere to and enforce inventory and labor control
- Perform opening and closing procedures for assigned area.
- Perform other duties as assigned. To be successful as
Concessions Manager at Petco Park, you will need the following
skills and experience:
- Minimum of five years' experience in a foodservice position
required; previous experience as a stand attendant or stand leader
- Previous cash handling or cashier experience required.
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Delaware
North's GuestPath standards.
- Ability to complete required pre-employment sanitation and
alcohol service training.
- Knowledge of the operating food service equipment, basic food
preparatory techniques, sanitation and safety issues.
- Advance skills in Microsoft Excel and basic math skills;
ability to accurately account for cash and inventory.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - ability to
communicate with staff and to prepare written stand reports after
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to
direct the work activities of several associates simultaneously and
- Highly motivated with the ability to take initiative.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a fast-paced
- Previous supervisory experience preferred. Physical
- Frequently walking throughout entire facility for entire length
- Constant standing, bending, reaching, and repetitive
- Ability to perform normal lifting of stock up to 50
- May be exposed to variable temperatures, including extreme hot
and cold, depending on season. Who We AreAt Delaware North, you'll
love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds.
Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks,
iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where
your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great
work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth.
If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen -
share our vision, grow with us.All applicants will be subject to a
pre-employment background check and may be subject to a
pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client
requirements.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its
subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard
to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age,
disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any
other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal
Keywords: Delaware North, San Diego , Concessions Manager, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!