Software Engineering Manager - Laurel Road (FinTech)
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 16, 2019
Laurel Road, a brand of Key Bank, is part of the burgeoning FinTech
space: we offer Mortgages, Student Loans, and Personal Loans on a
self-serve website, https://www.laurelroad.com. We simplify the
process for both borrowers and bankers, while increasing choices of
products, improving tracking, and making the banking experience
much more delightful.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to lead a team of
brilliant engineers to expand and improve our groundbreaking
Mortgage Platform. You will collaborate with cross-functional and
geographically distributed teams, including UX Design, Marketing,
Mortgage SMEs, PMO, Legal, and Compliance. If you are interested in
using cutting edge technology to revolutionize the financial
industry, while working with a driven and collaborative team, this
is the role for you.
- This role will span: managing both in-house and outsourced
engineering teams, planning projects, system design, infrastructure
design, implementing features, and a few occasional bug fixes.
- Create a supportive and collaborative work environment, where
talented employees can thrive.
- Monitor and adjust processes to accommodate business needs and
promote team strengths.
- Keep projects on track and prepare for future projects. Work
with other departments to make both strategic and operational
- Assess feasibility, plan, and coordinate timely completion of
projects, while improving functionality and stability of the system
as a whole.
- Guide business towards accomplishing their goals, while
managing expectations based on available resources.
- Oversee development of software through the entire product
lifecycle in a fluid, fast-paced Agile environment.
- Lead discussions to decide on new platforms, microservices,
architecture, design patterns, coding conventions, and best
- Manage product quality and adhere to regulatory policies by
providing appropriate code coverage, test automation,
documentation, thoroughness in design and implementation.
- Balance competing priorities to ensure we effectively ship new
features while resolving defects and managing technical debt.
- Guide the team in using existing frameworks and architecture,
including cloud based infrastructure, vendor API, SaaS, and CI/CD.
Adapt these for improved effectiveness, changing business needs,
maintainability, and flexibility.
- Take technical ownership of projects, in terms of timeliness
and quality. Find solutions when no one else on your team can.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- For this role, influence, persuasion, and conflict management
skills are a must, as well as proven ability to build trust,
inspire others, communicate effectively both verbally and in
writing, build consensus, attract top talent, and match employee
skills and goals to project objectives.
- Must be a strong technical leader as well as an independent,
critical, and analytical thinker who can rapidly adapt to changing
business and organizational demands.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- Deep knowledge of Java, databases, and web-related servers.
- Knowledge of Java 1.6+
- PMP or CSM Certification
- Java 1.8
- Spring MVC
- PostgreSQL, Hibernate and other ORMs, Spring Data, and
- Tomcat, Heroku, and AWS
- FICO Blaze and other Business Decision Servers, OutSystems
- REST and SOAP
- Knowledge of the Agile process and Test Driven Development
- Integration and Unit Testing Frameworks
- Experience in startup companies
- Authorship of independent projects
- Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an
inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status.
Keywords: Keybank, San Diego , Software Engineering Manager - Laurel Road (FinTech), Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!