Sr. Software Engineering Manager
Company: Sony Electronics
Location: San Diego
Posted on: July 14, 2019
We look for the risk-takers, the collaborators, the inspired and
the inspirational. We want the people who are brave enough to work
at the cutting edge and create solutions that will enrich and
improve the lives of people across the globe. So, if you want to
make the world say wow, let's talk.
The conversation starts here. If this role matches your ambitions
and skillset, let's get started with your application. Take a look
at our other open positions too. Our many opportunities can lead to
Sony Electronics currently has an opening for Senior Software
Development Manager in our User Experience and Technology Center
located in San Diego, CA. This position is responsible for
developing and user testing experiences based technologies that are
early in their development lifecycle.
Responsibilities will include investigating and prototyping early
technologies, defining and developing engaging user experiences
leveraging those technologies, and testing the experience with
internal teams from Sony Pictures, Sony Music, and Sony
Professional Services and directly with consumers and business
This individual will lead a team that works with a diverse scope of
technologies ranging from film development pipeline and mixed
reality systems to novel human to machine interfaces.
- Research and assess current technologies
- Create new concepts and follow them from initial design to
- Test prototypes with internal and external users
- Document all phases of research and development; Submission of
- Contribute to department strategic decision-making
- Prepare periodic reports as needed for management review
- Travel to visit project counterparts
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering, or
Mechanical Engineering or related scientific field, is required.
Ph.D. is highly preferred.
- 15+ years of hands on engineering experience, preferably in
early life-cycle technologies or user experience testing
- Experience with standard software development processes and
- Research work or early development lifecycle experience is
- Programming skills in C/C++, Python, Matlab, iOS, Android, and
Web technologies is desired
- Excellent communication skills are required
- All candidates must be authorized to work in USA
Sony Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values
employees with a broad cross-cultural perspective. We strive to
create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace
diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. All applicants will
receive fair and impartial treatment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age,
legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran
status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information
or on any other basis which is protected under applicable federal,
state or local law.
For a complete list of Sony Electronics Inc. Job Opportunities
Keywords: Sony Electronics, San Diego , Sr. Software Engineering Manager, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!