Location: San Diego
Posted on: July 14, 2019
pSemi Corporation is a Murata company driving semiconductor
integration. pSemi builds on Peregrine Semiconductor's 30-year
legacy of technology advancements and strong IP portfolio but with
a new mission-to enhance Murata's world-class capabilities with
high-performance semiconductors. With a strong foundation in RF
integration, pSemi's product portfolio now spans power management,
connected sensors, optical transceivers, antenna tuning and RF
frontends. These intelligent and efficient semiconductors enable
advanced modules for smartphones, base stations, personal
computers, electric vehicles, data centers, IoT devices and
healthcare. From headquarters in San Diego and offices around the
world, pSemi's team explores new ways to make electronics for the
connected world smaller, thinner, faster and better.
As part of the Project Management team at pSemi Corporation, the
Project Manager supports new product introductions and process
improvements project. Using project management skills and best
practices, the Project Manager facilitates planning discussions and
drives the cross-functional team to meet deliverables and milestone
commitments to ensure successful project launches.
Roles & Responsibilities
This position has responsibility for:
- Managing a collection of integrated circuit (IC) projects
through planning, execution and tracking.
- Build, monitor, and maintain the project tracking system to
capture: WBS, Schedule, milestones, resources, costs and
- Lead cross-functional project status reviews to track the
agreed to plan and reporting status.
- Provides project leadership and active participation to guide
the project team and key stakeholders from concept to
- Anticipates and identifies project risks, schedule slips or
changes to analyze the scope, cost and resource impact. Drives
resolution of internal issues when the project deviates from
- Facilitates negotiation and conflict resolution across all
levels, assigns actions and escalates as needed.
- Implement tools, techniques and processes to enable informed
In order to perform the job successfully, an individual should
demonstrate the following competencies:
- Critical Thinking: Skilled at finding logical flaws in
arguments and plans; identifies problems and solutions that others
might miss; provides detailed insight and constructive criticism
into problems and complex situations.
- Working with Ambiguity: Achieves forward progress in the face
of poorly defined situations and/or unclear goals; able to work
effectively with limited information and supervision.
- Communicate Effectively: Expresses ideas and information in a
clear and concise manner; tailors message to fit the needs of the
audience; delivers information in a manner that is interesting and
- Developing Plans: Follows PM best practices in working with
teams to develop detailed and complete plans. Clearly defines goals
and actions required to accomplish them
- Driving Project to Completion: Keeps current on project status;
makes sure people are aware of project status and what they need to
do to keep things moving; redirects project resources and
activities to overcome setbacks; elevates project concerns to
senior levels of leadership when appropriate.
Minimum Qualifications (Experience and Skills)
- 4 years of relevant Project Management experience.
- Must have demonstrated experience in the Semiconductor
- Proven proficiency with project management methodologies and
- Strong communicator who can effectively communicate at all
levels within the company
- Sense of urgency and willingness to lead problem solving
- High level of integrity in creating and honoring
- Proven ability to drive change and create rapid, measurable
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability
to quickly gain positions of trust and influence within
- Must have the ability to work in a face-paced team environment
and be able to quickly adapt to changing objectives.
- Must be proficient in MS Office suite, including MS Project or
equivalent tool proficiency.
- Certification in Project Management, highly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, engineering or
business management. Technical Degree in Engineering or other
related discipline highly preferred.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role
routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The
employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to
finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to
occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20
pSemi Corporation supports a diverse workforce and is committed to
a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and
employees. pSemi does not discriminate on the basis of age, race,
color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices),
sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical
conditions or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression,
genetic information, national origin (including language use
restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under
Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental
disability, legally-protected medical condition, military or
veteran status (including "protected veterans" under applicable
affirmative action laws), marital status, sexual orientation, or
any other basis protected by local, state or federal laws
applicable to the Company. pSemi also prohibits discrimination
based on the perception that an employee or applicant has any of
those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is
perceived as having any of those characteristics.
Note: The Peregrine Semiconductor name, Peregrine Semiconductor
logo and UltraCMOS are registered trademarks and the pSemi name,
pSemi logo, HaRP and DuNE are trademarks of pSemi Corporation in
the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property
of their respective companies. pSemi products are protected under
one or more of the following U.S. Patents:
Keywords: pSemi, San Diego , Project Manager, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!