CDS Full Time Event Manager - Product Demonstration
Company: Club Demonstration Services
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: September 14, 2019
CDS Full Time Event Manager - Product Demonstration
Club Demonstration Services (CDS) is in need of an Event Manager
responsible for the recruitment, hiring and supervision of in store
Product Demonstrators. You will oversee product preparation and
presentation, training and provide superb service to all Club
members. This position requires strong communication between
warehouse managers, vendors and in store Product Demonstrators
including participation in new location grand openings.
CDS is the preferred in-house event marketing provider to Costco.
We offer the best person-to-person marketing services in the
industry, driving sales for our customers and Costco. APPLY
What We Offer:
- Set schedule of Tuesday-Saturday from 8:30AM 5:30PM (may vary
based on needs)
- Work-life balance!
- Medical, Dental, Vision after 30 days
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401(K) plan
- Generous paid time off
- Recruit, train and hire part-time staff.
- Oversee product preparation and presentation, including food
safety and sanitation.
- Train Product Demonstrators in demonstration preparation and
excellent customer services.
- Communicate between multiple manager, vendors and
- Participate in new location grand openings as required.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Two to four years of related experience in retail, hospitality,
or food environments.
- Detail oriented with excellent leadership and communication
- Proven ability to lead well performing teams.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement.
- Able to coach and counsel employees, take correct measures as
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fast paced environment
The Company is one of North America's leading sales and marketing
agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category
management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and
producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company
services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass
merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware,
consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between
manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best
products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct all activities engaged in successful events, promotion
and sales of vendor products
- Communicate strategies and tactics to achieve sales, service
and operational excellence
- Support the maintenance and ongoing development of corporate
governance framework, policies and procedures
- Collaborate with the District Manager to evaluate various event
performance metrics, including execution rates, sales performance,
labor hours and operational costs and make adjustments as
- Achieve defined revenue and net income objectives through sales
activation, strategy and expense management
- Optimize customer satisfaction/loyalty through improved
- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops
direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring
responsibilities for indirect reports
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an
individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential
duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Associate's Degree or equivalent
(Preferred): Bachelor's Degree Or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Degree Program/Major (e.g.
Marketing, Business Administration or related field)
3-5 Years of experience in a client-side, branded,
consumer-packaged goods company; or a combination of supplier-side
and client-side experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to Work Independently & Prioritize with minimal
supervision, in order to Meet Deadlines
- Supervising Skills, to include Delegating Responsibility,
Training, & Evaluating Performance
- Excellent Written & Verbal Communication Skills
- Flexible & Adaptable, able to change & Alter According to
changes in Projects or Business Environment
- Track Record of Building & Maintaining Customer/Client
- Ability to Direct, Lead, & Develop People
- Basic Computer Skills, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint,
Excel, Access, Outlook, & web browsers
- NEHA Professional Food Handler Certification required
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Administrative Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the
job. Work may be performed in an office, field, retail store, or
warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+
hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in
considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to
50 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or
cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required
to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer
sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper
safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's
supervisor or other manager related to the position/department.
This job description is meant to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed
as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills
required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any
time with or without notice to alter or change job
responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign
additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The
Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known
disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply
for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or
enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all
employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental
disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this
commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of
known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for
employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy
the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable federal, state and local laws including Fair Chance
Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinances. All of our
positions require the satisfactory completion of a background
check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal
convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment.
Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense,
seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be
taken into account.
Keywords: Club Demonstration Services, San Diego , CDS Full Time Event Manager - Product Demonstration, Executive , San Marcos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!