Company: Pratt & Whitney
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01359603 Date posted 10/23/2019
City Carlsbad State California Country United States
United States of America
PW192: Carlsbad 5940 Darwin Court , Carlsbad, CA, 92008 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people
where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse
company that's moving fast to shape the future of aviation.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the
people behind it. As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you'll
help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and
supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees-- full potential through a versatile and
engaging culture that values everybody--s opinion, driving
innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a
workforce and environment where every employee is valued, so
innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees
are engaged and empowered.
Pratt & Whitney is seeking a highly motivated individual to lead
the engineering team to develop and manufacture ceramic matrix
composite (CMC) turbine components. CMCs are an enabling material
that increases the temperature capability of jet engine components.
Through successful development and application of these materials,
P&W will deliver engines that are more fuel efficient, lighter
weight and more durable for commercial and military
The CMC R&D Engineering Manager--s responsibilities
- Lead all areas of engineering, processes, work instructions,
quality requirements, materials selection, and regulatory
- Help to develop and enforce standardized engineering practices,
processes, tools and methods across all products.
- Manage projects and lead Continuous Improvement, project
management, quality improvement efforts.
- Provide exemplary professional representation to P&W and
other OEM--s, to the FAA and to other regulatory agencies.
- Develop materials & manufacturing engineers in key technology
and skill sets which are critical for the group success.
- Lead implementation of automation solutions
- Lead the strategy for comprehensive data collection and
analysis from all processes that will support robust process
development and understanding as part of the digital thread for
CMCs. This includes establishing methods for data collection, data
analysis and data visualization to enable statistical process
- Lead a team of engineers supporting the recruitment,
development and retention of engineering talent.
- Manage the resources and assignments across the manufacturing
- Identify, investigate and implement new technology to address
- Support a 24/7 operation as required
- Bachelor--s of Science in engineering, manufacturing, or
technically-related field is required.
- 8 +years of progressively responsible engineering experience in
the Aerospace industry and a thorough knowledge of FAA and ISO
regulations and standards is required.
- 5 years of leadership/managerial skills is also a requirement,
and have the ability to work with all levels of management,
personnel and customers.
- Master--s degree in engineering or a related field is
- Leadership, critical thinking, business discernment,
innovation, collaboration, written & verbal communication,
presentation, analytical thinking, problem solving, customer focus,
attention to detail.
- Prior supervisor experience is desired.
- Prior experience in process engineering and/or aerospace is
- A thorough knowledge of quality and process improvement tools
such as Six Sigma and LEAN
- Knowledge and effective practice of Environmental, Health and
- Knowledge and effective practice of aerospace quality practices
like ISO9001 AS9100
Pratt & Whitney is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Keywords: Pratt & Whitney, San Diego , Engineering Manager, Executive , Carlsbad, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!