Financial Reporting Manager - CONTRACT
Posted on: November 17, 2019
CooperVision, a unit of The Cooper Companies, Inc. (NYSE:COO), is
one of the worlds leading manufacturers of soft contact lenses and
related products and services. The Company produces a full array of
monthly, two-week and 1-day lenses, all featuring advanced
materials and optics. CooperVision has a strong heritage of solving
the toughest vision challenges such as astigmatism and presbyopia;
and offers the most complete collection of spherical, toric and
multifocal products available. Through a combination of innovative
products and focused practitioner support, the company brings a
refreshing perspective to the marketplace, creating real advantages
for customers and wearers. For more information,
visitwww.coopervision.com.**About The Cooper CompaniesThe Cooper
Companies, Inc. ("Cooper") is a global medical device company
publicly traded on the NYSE (NYSE:COO). Cooper operates through two
business units, CooperVision and CooperSurgical. CooperVision
brings a refreshing perspective on vision care with a commitment to
developing a wide range of high-quality products for contact lens
wearers and providing focused practitioner support. CooperSurgical
is committed to advancing the health of women, babies and families
with its diversified portfolio of products and services focusing on
medical devices and fertility & genomics. Headquartered in
Pleasanton, CA, Cooperhas more than 12,000 employees withproducts
sold in over 100 countries. For more information, please
visitwww.coopercos.com.JOB TITLE: Financial Reporting
- *JOB SUMMARY
- *The Cooper Companies is in search of an a Financial Reporting
Manager. Responsibilities include month-end close, HQ financial
reporting; managing, developing, and evaluating two (2) accounting
staff and a Senior Financial and Consolidation Analyst to ensure
efficient operations; and developing and implementing financial
systems that are in compliance with company policies and procedures
and regulatory guidelines and requirements. This position reports
to the VP Corporate Controller.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Assist in the preparation of all SEC periodical and other
reports (Form 10-Q, Form 10-K, Form 8-K, etc.), including financial
statements and notes in the 10-Q/K.
- Review of draft earnings releases and Investor Relations
- Assist in accounting research and drafting of accounting
- Member of the Technical Accounting Committee (TAC). Working
with the Company's TAC, research accounting literature and apply
technical standards to complex business transactions, including
memorandums to support management's positions.
- Liaison with operating units and other corporate departments -
Legal, tax, Treasure, Investor Relations, Segment Finance.
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting
- Coordinate the preparation, compilation and review of diverse
financial reports on a routine basis; ensuring compliance with
company policies and procedures, U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting
Principles (GAAP), and other regulatory requirements. Review
process will include working with the divisions to understand and
monitor accounting for unusual or complex accounting
- Review and approve HQ balance sheet reconciliations, journal
entries and intercompany transactions.
- Perform certain HQ journal entries related to month-end and and
- Perform certain balance sheet reconciliations using BlackLine
accounts reconciliation application.
- Oversee the completion of activities related to month-end and
quarter-end closings and/or financial statements.
- Prepare HQ trending reports of balance sheet and income
statements and perform reviews to ensure HQ financial statements
are complete and accurate. Maintain the integrity of the HQ general
ledger hierarchy structure; ensuring data quality and
- Manage HQ close process, business process reviews, financial
analyses and internal control testing; ensuring compliance with
company policies and procedures, SOX and other regulatory
requirements with the assigned function(s).
- Develop and implement new finance and/or accounting policies
and procedures through continuous improvement efforts.
- Serve as a key point of contact to divisional teams, vendors
and third parties in response to requests.
- Identify and recommend procedural changes and enhancements to
the financial reporting process.
- Identify, investigate and resolve accounting issues that
require in-depth accounting research.
- Oversee and support HQ internal and external audits.
- Ability to research accounting treatment under U.S. GAAP and
prepare technical accounting memos.
- Lead HQ budgeting and forecasting process.
- Prepare and/or assist with various internal reports such as
Departmental Expense analysis, Non-GAAP results.
- Manage and maintain internal controls over financial reporting
to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Provide leadership, coaching and development plans for all
direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive
- Provide ad-hoc reporting request and information and assist
with various accounting and financial analysis projects, as
needed.POSITION QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES/
- Strong understanding of US GAAP, SOX and other regulatory
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Performance Management and
Hyperion (EPM/HFM) and BAAN experience preferred.
- Knowledge and experience using Blackline Account reconciliation
and journals modules preferred.
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in MS
Office products including Word, Excel, Power point and
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively
communicate with all levels of management.
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance and as part of
- Mentor and supervise a Senior Staff Accountant, Staff
Accountant and Sr. Financial Analyst - Consolidation./WORK
- Office environment/EDUCATION/
- CPA required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting./EXPERIENCE/
- Minimum of 5 years experience with a combination of public
accounting (preferably big 4) and industry experience in the
Finance, or Accounting function of a publicly-held company,
including SEC filing experience required.
- Demonstrated managerial experience/capabilities.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience.
- Experience in a publicly held company with global operations
- Experience in Oracle ERP General Ledger module required.
- Experience in Oracle EPM required.
- Experience in budgeting and forecasting preferred.
- Experience in financial planning and analysis preferred.
- Experience in public accounting (preferably Big 4)
preferred.LI-JM1Job: *FinanceOrganization: *AccountingTitle:
Financial Reporting Manager - CONTRACTLocation: California-San
RamonRequisition ID: COR0390
Keywords: CooperVision, San Diego , Financial Reporting Manager - CONTRACT, Executive , Ramona, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!