Manager Service Engineering
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 17, 2019
Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. provides continuous glucose
monitoring technology to help patients and their clinicians better
manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better
outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering
solutions for people with diabetes - while empowering our community
to take control of diabetes.
As a Service Endpoint & Engineering Manager, you will work with all
teams including engineering, marketing, sales, business
intelligence, customer service, operations etc. to deliver a best
in class product to our customer base, while increasing
profitability, improving product quality, and owning the 360
feedback cycle of product issues with our R&D team. The role
includes understanding both internal and external technologies and
market studies to generate prioritized product improvements. You
will oversee a team of high-performing engineers working in a
fast-paced, high impact team that is never content with the status
Oversees the process for scoping and defining end point resolution,
and necessary functions for creation of the Tech Support service
experience for highly complex serving needs, pre and post market.
Drives the strategy surrounding the customer experience when
engaging with team members to ensure that issues are resolved to
the extent of the teams capabilities. Scopes out the level of
service the customer will receive to full end point resolution by
product issue for concerns that could not be resolved in the call
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and direct management staff overseeing focus
on end point resolution of complex customer issues, these issues
will often be anomalies that cannot be solved in our core contact
centers around the world
- Collect and analyze robust sets of data and report back monthly
to R&D and Quality Assurance the findings, the data sets will
emerge and stratify from Oracle Service Cloud, but they may also be
data sets from other systems including customer data
- Ensure that the core operations are properly equipped to deal
with issues that are evolving and complex in nature, ensure that
all product issues are resolved to absolute functionality and
- Develop complex dashboards to report on Incident Management
practices using stratified data
- Extensive partnership with R&D and Customer Advocacy is
required in attainment of understanding top drivers by volume
- Make extensive recommendations to improve products and the
- Present monthly findings in Customer Advocacy trends and
- Partner with Technical Support Leadership team and IT Team to
further advance Self Service systems
- Engage with Customer Experience team to ensure that the voice
of the customer is always included in consideration of job related
and department activities
Education / Experience Requirements:
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree with 8-12 years of
industry experience; Bachelors degree in Engineering preferred.
- 2-5 years of previous management or lead experience; managing
teams of 10+
- 5+ years of technical support, call center and IT experience
- Extreme data analytical capabilities coupled with attention to
- Extensive experience setting up new teams, in new locations and
- Strong interpersonal savvy
- 0 50%
- Knowledge and awareness spans all aspects of the specific
- Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and
knowledge of company objectives to resolve complex issues in
creative and effective ways.
- Develops a proficiency of the companys business / market in
order to inform decisions.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines
how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Provides guidance to team members / supporting employees using
established company policies.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, customers,
and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters
between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or
customers and the company.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or
data requires evaluation of a variety of factors.
- Follows processes and policies in selecting methods and
techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will add to
costs and may impact the short-term goals of the organization.
- Manages the coordination of department/functional activities
with responsibility for results, methods and staffing.
- In some instances may be responsible for a functional area or
contracted / outsourced employees or matrixed reports.
- People management responsibilities include hiring /
terminations, performance reviews, career development coaching and
Language Skills: Must be able to communicate effectively in
English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety
rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of organization.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to
perform the following Physical Activity: Standing, walking,
sitting, using hands, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms,
climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear,
taste or smell. May be required to lift 0 lbs. to over 100 lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. May be exposed to the following
environmental conditions: Wet or humid conditions, work near moving
parts, work in high - precarious places, fumes or airborne
particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions,
extreme heat (non-weather), extreme cold (non-weather), risk of
electric shock, work with explosives, risk of radiation, vibration.
The noise level in this work environment can range from quiet to
Please note: The information contained herein is not intended to be
an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the
job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the
skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its
discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this
job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job
description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable
accommodation or other reasons.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to
request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment
selection process, please contact Talent Acquisition at
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only
for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing
and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles,
applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not
accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do
not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom
employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible
for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Keywords: Dexcom, San Diego , Manager Service Engineering, Executive , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!