Government Mortgage Loan Underwriter
Company: OneTrust Home Loans
Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionABOUT ONETRUST HOME LOANSIf you are looking for
an organization that has established an outstanding reputation for
quality products and services and where you are an important member
of a professional team, then OneTrust Home Loans may be for you. We
are recognized as a Fortune 5000 company offering conventional,
FHA, VA, USDA, and jumbo financing, while boasting portfolio,
construction, and structure finance lending divisions. Our focus on
utilizing the latest technology to streamline the home loan process
has made us a leader in our space. We really listen to our clients
in order to anticipate their home financing goals and dreams. We're
mortgage educators and financing strategists, providing detailed
information and sound advice on mortgage options and industry
trends. We focus our energies on a transparent and open
communication loan process to close loans quickly.If our employees
are successful, we are successful. Our goal is to provide them with
the most current competitive tools and information possible.
Employees and management listen, engage, and provide honest
feedback to each other. Those who make outstanding contributions
are recognized for their outstanding customer service and are
eligible for key programs. In order to hire and retain employees
who share our values of integrity, transparency, innovation, and
greatness, we offer attractive employment packages, work-life
balance, a wide range of training opportunities, and an innovative
and exciting business culture. Service is everything!Position
SummaryEvaluate all aspects of loan applications, based on type, to
determine eligibility based on risk, investor guidelines,
government regulation and other risk factors.Essential Duties and
- Review and analyze the mortgage loan application to ensure
eligibility, accuracy, completeness, and compliance with internal
and regulatory guidelines to minimize risk factors.
- Review all required loan data, reports, and inspections to
ensure the collateral is acceptable to investor and Company
- Accurately analyze complex financial documents and calculate
income from various income sources including but not limited to
hourly, salaried, commission, self-employed and fixed income,
assets statements (401K, checking, savings), analyze residential
appraisal reports, review preliminary title reports and the ability
to make independent credit decisions.
- Ensure the highest level of compliance, appraisal analysis and
- Sign off on conditions in a timely manner set by management and
work within specified Service Level Agreements ("SLAs")
- Maintain current knowledge as it pertains to MDIA, RESPA, TILA,
ECOA, HMDA and Fair Lending regulation.
- Other duties as assigned.The above functions are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work performed by
individuals assigned to this job. This is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties,
responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and
- 4 years' current underwriting experience.
- Proficient knowledge of underwriting terminology.
- Ability to maintain a knowledge of lending guidelines, investor
programs, industry requirements, and industry changes.
- Ability to make independent decisions regarding acceptance and
risk of loans according to HUD, VA, USDA, company, and investor
guidelines.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet,
and electronic mail software.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and a high level
of professional integrity.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work
relationship with co-workers and supervisor.
- Strong time management and organizational skills in a dynamic,
constantly changing environment.
- Attention to detail and quality focused.
- Encompass experience preferred.Remote
Keywords: OneTrust Home Loans, San Diego , Government Mortgage Loan Underwriter, Government & Protective Services , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!