Company: COVENANT LIVING
Location: Spring Valley
Posted on: May 24, 2020
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! Making a difference in the
lives of others thats what working at Covenant Living is all about.
Our healthcare professionals have the opportunity each and every
day to make a difference in the lives of older adults. From
improving our residents quality of life, to creating peace of mind
for them and their families, our team members know that as a part
of our community, they are changing lives. Covenant Living, the
nations sixth-largest nonprofit senior living provider, is seeking
qualified candidates for our temporary Licensed
Practical/Vocational Nurse (LPNs/LVNs) positions to help in
fulfilling our common purpose: to create joy and peace of mind for
our residents, employees, and their families by creating a better
way of life. Join our organization, where teamwork, respect, and
service is part of our everyday environment and build your health
care career in a supportive, faith-based community. Immediate,
temporary positions are available in assisted living, skilled
nursing and memory care.This position ensures that quality care is
delivered through monitoring of staff performance, physician
contact, care planning and daily resident observation and also
provides direct care to residents. In this role, the Licensed
Practical/Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN) will:
- Assist routine daily direction and monitor the work of the
nursing assistants on the unit, assuring a high standard of nursing
care and satisfactory completion of tasks.
- Provide explanation of nursing procedures and assistance to
staff to assure ongoing understanding and training.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Nurse Manager or
Director of Nursing regarding observations, and suggestions of
problem areas, resident and employee activities, concerns, needs,
- Observe and evaluate residents' health, mental and emotional
conditions and communicate significant changes to appropriate
- Participate in report at the beginning and end of shifts to
assure proper information about residents is communicated.
- Assist in the admission, orientation, and observation of new
residents, assure that physician orders for diets, therapy,
medication, etc. are transcribed and communicated according to
procedure. The ideal candidate will have:
- Graduate of an approved school of licensed practical/vocational
- Current license, in good standing, as an LPN/LVN in the
- One year nursing experience.
- Devotion to standards and principles of professional nursing.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing
- Pet Insurance For more information about Covenant Living and
CovenantCare at Home, please visit or . Covenant Living and
CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability,
marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected
genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by
local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Keywords: COVENANT LIVING, San Diego , Nurse, LPN/LVN, Healthcare , Spring Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!