Program Director, Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
Company: National University
Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 24, 2020
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an
- Establishes goals and implements plans for EMS programs and
courses with constant quality reviews and program enhancements to
achieve student retention.
- Ensures training programs sustain Title 22, State EMS
Regulations, and/or State/Federal Department of Education,
accrediting agencies, bureaus and boards. Analyzes key program
metrics to ensure the highest degree of quality and compliance with
the California Code of Regulations and Federal agencies.
- Secures adequate number of clinical education sites relative to
quality, quantity and learning modalities, meeting students'
educational needs along with the business unit's philosophy,
program outcomes and evaluative criteria.
- Champions the medical content for EMS programs incorporating
quality assurance measurements; approves the requirements of
clinical coordinators, instructors and assistants. Approves written
and final skills examinations.
- Authorizes the hiring of principal instructors, teaching
assistants, and maintains all field and hospital clinical
preceptors, clinical and internship agreements.
- Develops curriculum, including instructional objects and
approves evaluation methodologies, track and assess key
measurements to ensure compliance with California Code of
Regulations and state law.
- Collaborates with the Marketing Business Unit to plan and
implement marketing and outreach strategies, establish program
costs and projections, assess programs and scaling top
- Partners with appropriate COMPANY-- Business units to
successfully manage the EMS programs, including Financial Aid,
Registrar and Academic Services departments.
- Conducts curriculum and program reviews to ensure continuous
improvement in the EMS and EMT programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, and, ten (10) years in a
clinical setting, emergency medical services or Prehospital care,
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience in an EMS System,
- Three (3) to five (5) years' full-time teaching experience in
an EMS program, required; and,
- Three (3) to five (5) years' field experience in the delivery
of out-of-hospital emergency care; and
- Three (3) to five (5) years' in the facilitation of assessment
of the clinical component as it relates to an EMS program;
- Current Licensed Paramedic in the State of California;
Keywords: National University, San Diego , Program Director, Emergency Medical Services (EMS), Healthcare , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!