Physician / Psychiatry / California / Permanent / Psychiatrist - Addic
Company: Kurz Solutions
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 15, 2021
MD/DO - Psychiatrist - Addiction
70 miles of sun-drenched coast
Facility - Naval Medical Center, San Diego
Naval Medical Center San Diego (NMCSD), also known as Bob Wilson
Naval Hospital and informally referred to as "Balboa Hospital ", is
a technologically advanced Navy medical treatment facility. Located
within the grounds of Balboa Park in San Diego , the hospital has
played a role in the history of San Diego for more than 100 years.
The goal has remained constant, to provide the finest medical care
in a family-centered care environment to operational forces, their
families, and veterans. Organizationally, the hospital is first and
foremost a military command.
This role will be part of the Navy Comprehensive Pain Management
Program (NCPMP) that supports the Readiness mission by ensuring
active duty Sailors, Marines, and their families are receiving the
appropriate level of care with alternatives provided to
pharmacologic treatment to ensure deployability and improved
quality of life.
REQUIREMENTS (duties include but not limited to)
- Perform timely, accurate, and concise documentation of patient
- Provide clinical direction for substance addiction/abuse/misuse
aspects of clinical pain management to a multidisciplinary team,
coordinating care with other health care providers and providing
consultative services pursuant to optimal health care delivery to
pain patients with addictions.
- Provide comprehensive medical and advanced addiction treatments
within the scope of practice for an Addiction Psychiatrist to
patients with complex pain conditions including consultation,
management, monitoring, evaluation, and treatment.
- Participate in an on-site designated Extension for Community
Healthcare Outcomes (ECHO) telementoring training program.
- Participate in tele-mentoring, tele-medicine, and
- Provide a full range of physician services, in accordance with
the core privileges as defined by BUMEDINST and approved by the
- Prescribe and dispense medications as delineated by the
Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
- Provide a full range of physician services in accordance with
privileges granted by the Commanding Officer.
- Technically direct, perform, or assist in the instruction of,
other health care professionals seeing patients within the scope of
their clinical privileges or responsibilities.
- Promote preventive and health maintenance care, including
annual physicals, positive health behaviors, and self-care skills
through education and counseling.
- Order diagnostic tests as applicable. Request consultation or
referral with appropriate physicians, clinics, or other health
resources as indicated.
- Technically direct and teach other medical staff, and provide
educational lectures and participate in the provision of in-service
training to clinic staff members. Such direction and interaction
will adhere to Government and professional clinical standards and
accepted clinical protocols. This requirement is consistent with
the personal services nature of the contract.QUALIFICATIONS
- Must possess a Doctorate Degree in Medicine from an accredited
college approved by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education and
Hospitals of the American Medical Association, a Doctorate degree
in Osteopathy from a college accredited by the American Osteopathic
Association, or permanent certification by the Educational
Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- Must have successfully completed a psychiatry residency program
which has been approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate
Medical Education or the Committee on Postdoctoral Training of the
American Osteopathic Association or those Canadian training
programs approved by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons
of Canada or other appropriate Canadian medical authority.
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid, unrestricted
license in one of the fifty states, the District of Columbia, the
Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Shall possess and maintain a current Basic Life Support (BLS)
for Healthcare providers from the American Heart Association.
- Must possess and maintain a current Board Certifi
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, San Diego , Physician / Psychiatry / California / Permanent / Psychiatrist - Addic, Healthcare , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!