Lead Histotech - Mohs Laboratory
Company: Scripps Health
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Since Scripps Clinic began caring for San Diegans in 1924, it
has become San Diego's first choice for exceptional primary care
and highly specialized and coordinated specialty care. Scripps
Clinic offers a comprehensive range of medical and surgical
services that are nationally recognized for quality, excellence and
innovation. Our team-based model is designed to provide the best
possible care and outcomes. More than 850 providers and physicians
provide 1 million patient visits a year coordinated through an
integrated electronic health record. Job Type: Lab Job ID: 1048687
Job Description Requirements Job Description At Scripps Health, you
will experience the pride, support, respect that has been
repeatedly recognized as one of the nation's Top 100 Places to
Work.-- You'll be surrounded by people committed to making a
difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So
if you're open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Scripps Clinic's Mohs surgery center offers skin-preserving and
life-saving treatments for skin cancer, cosmetic dermatology and
general dermatology. Lead by top-notch Scripps Clinic
dermatologists with advanced training in Mohs micrographic surgery,
our center cares for more than 2,500 patients annually. The Lead
Histotech will support the Mohs cutaneous surgery department at the
labs at both Torrey Pines and Rancho Bernardo. To be successful,
the Lead Histotech must be comfortable in an autonomous setting and
will have experience with IHC staining and Mohs procedures. With
20-30 procedures per day, the primary function of the Lead
Histotech will be cutting tissue, with about 10% of the work being
administrative. This position is ideal for the histotech with
experience in cutting frozen tissue on a cryostat and interested in
growing into a leadership role. The Lead Histotech will:
- Manage the administration of Mohs laboratory, in accordance
with CAP and JHACO requirements.
- Provide histological support for the unit including
independently cutting and staining of tissue with H&E and
- Accession, process, gross, embed and stain sections for Mohs
- Provide mohs technologist training and support to the
dermapathology lab as needed.
- Set up and maintain basic histological procedures and solve
problems related to those procedures
- Perform analysis of histological material for qualitative and
quantitative assessment and prepare/display and analyze
histological results using drawing and presentation computer
- Prepare and provide slides for conferences, publications and
study sets for the fellowship program.
- Provide direction to lab personnel.
- Contribute to research proposals and presentations associated
with the Mohs fellowship program.
- Contribute to original ideas based on training and experience
that will allow the solution to unique histological questions that
come up in the execution of the fellowship staff sponsored projects
- Demonstrate knowledge of Mohs micrographic surgery techniques,
lab maintenance, tissue and slide preparation and storage.
- Operate and maintain Mohs equipment.
- Work with department leadership for coordination of staffing
schedules for the RB and TP offices.
- Provide detailed work analysis of each lab personnel to the
unit supervisor related to job performance and annual
- Work with leadership to develop and maintain a staff training
and onboarding program.
- Serve as a liaison for the laboratory and interacts with
physicians and customers to provide a positive outcome.
- Perform all job duties in a timely manner while ensuring
performance and safety standards are met.
- Document activities and results consistently, thoroughly, and
legibly. This is a full time position, generally Monday through
Friday, 8am-5pm with some Saturdays. Will be located at Torrey
Pines 3 days of the week and at Rancho Bernardo 2 days of the week.
Scripps Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including
pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression), age,
marital status, status as a protected veteran, among other things,
or status as a qualified individual with disability. Scripps Health
is a non-profit health care delivery network dedicated to the
community it calls home: San Diego, California. We are:
- Home to 5 hospitals, 30+ outpatient centers and hundreds of
affiliated physician offices
- Known for our compassionate, collaborative culture
- The only San Diego-based company to make Fortune magazine's 100
Best Places to Work
- Consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the
- At the forefront of clinical research and education, with three
highly respected graduate medical education programs and one of the
top teaching hospitals in the nation Join Our Talent Network Not
ready to apply? Receive alerts with new job opportunities that
match your interests Receive relevant communications and updates
from our organization Share job opportunities with family and
friends through social media and email
Keywords: Scripps Health, San Diego , Lead Histotech - Mohs Laboratory, Healthcare , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!