Company: Family Connections Therapy, Inc.
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Court Therapist, Licensed
Do you want to learn to help children and families who get lost in
the legal system? Do you want to become trained in a cutting edge
position for a program that is growing and adding new exciting ways
to help families? Then you are in the right place!!!
I bet you are wondering what this job is all about? This court
therapist position is a rewarding way to help broken families
repair their relationships! You will learn how to work within the
Family Law and Dependency legal system, from a child centered
You will be given an opportunity to learn the skills you need to be
successful in this position, via a curriculum of training
materials, case consultation and personal instruction. As a court
therapist, you will start part time (ramping up to 15 to 20 hours
per week) with the opportunity to grow into a fulltime and salary
position as your caseload increases.
Did you know that there are exciting opportunities to do all kinds
of court work with Family Connections Therapy? Our court program
consists of the following types of therapy:
- Individual child and adult therapy
- Conjoint therapy with children and the parent they have
rejected out of fear, anger, etc.
- Structured Group education: Co-parenting, parenting and family
issues with court involvement
- Conjoint Court Therapy Intensive: short-term, wrap-around style
program to support families that is more structured and
collaborative.At Family Connections Therapy, we provide a warm and
creative workspace for you to learn new skills in a team oriented
group. Our therapists are passionate about helping clients and
making a difference in their lives. We are flexible with schedules
so you can get a work-life balance, so when you wake up in the
morning you are excited (and have the energy) to go to work that
At Family Connections Therapy, we do things differently to help our
employees and clients feel cared for, listened to and part of a
team. From our Client Care Specialists to our Therapists, we take
great pride in our Mission to empower our community through
effective mental health services, one family at a time. Together,
we can help children and families live happier, healthier
Quick Job Summary - What's special about this job ---
Family Connections Therapy is hiring a Court Involved Family
Therapist, licensed, who is willing to be trained or who already
has experience with families involved in court, to assist with
meeting the needs of our community in our conveniently located
Rancho Bernardo office!
We are specifically looking for an energetic personthat is friendly
with clients, enjoys working on a team, is organized, and is open
to new experiences and learning new skills! Most importantly, we
are looking for a team player that will be an asset to our already
We have high expectations for our Court Involved Family Therapist
and are focused on Licensed Therapists who have training in Family
Systems and Attachment-Based Child & Family Therapy. We truly care
about our clients and are looking for individuals who love to work
with families, children and adults. We are a team-oriented company
that goes above and beyond to take care of our clients and
Some of the workplace benefits that our team members enjoy ---
- Paid Holidays (full time) or Sign on Bonus
- Competitive salary
- Paid Continuing Education Credits
- Flexible scheduling
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, Life Insurance
- Paid sick time
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Partial or Full scholarships for certifications in areas of
- Team outings! (TBD in the future)
- Supportive, team-focused atmosphere
- Simple documentation; minimal paperwork
- Collaborative team approach; assistance with case
- Super good snacks are just a few of the things we offer when
you become a part of our family!What will our Court Involved
Therapist do? Some essential responsibilities in this position
1. Maintain a professional appearance and professional attitude in
face-to-face interactions as well as on the telephone, via virtual
meetings, and on social media.
2. Quickly develop good rapport with clients to facilitate a
healthy professional relationship.
3. Complete intake assessments which include documentation such as
Mental Status Exam intake paperwork and other assessments.
4. Effectively create and carry out treatment plans using
5.Write treatment summaries or court reports as needed on each
case, following all CAMFT and BBS guidelines and FCT policies.
6. Testify in court when subpoenaed, following all CAMFT and BBS
guidelines and FCT policies.
7. Read court documents thoroughly for each family and reference
them in treatment summaries.
8. Communicate with referral sources as well as primary care
physicians (PCP) after initial intake, and as needed for ongoing
care of clients.
9. Complete invoices, bill payments and progress notes within 24
hours of time of service.
10.Complete time-sheet daily reflecting billable hours worked.
11. Maintain client's charts and keep complete and correct
12. Complete discharge summaries as needed for each client.
13. Notify FCT within 24 hours if you: 1. learn of your client's
intent to do harm to self or others; 2. Receive a subpoena in
relation to your work as a therapist regarding a client obtained
via FCT or counseling services performed at FCT's facilities or 3.
File a child or adult protective services report.
14. Exercise sound clinical and professional judgement.
Minimum Education and Licensing Requirements:
- Master's Degree in Professional Counseling or related field and
licensed in the state of California (LMFT, LCSW, PsyD, PhD,
- Maintain licensure requirements and completed continuing
education as stated in the BBS Statutes and Regulations.
- Willingness to train regarding working with high conflict
- Clinical experience with children, teens, adults and/or
families with mental health issues (trauma, anxiety, depression,
family issues, couples' issues, parenting, etc.)
- Ability to empathize with clients.
- Must be able to exercise sound clinical and professional
judgment while interacting with anyone associated with FCT.You may
be a great fit for this role if you possess these skills and
- Knowledge of strategies for examining, applying and evaluating
various techniques from cognitive-behavioral, child/adult
attachment, play therapy, family systems, etc.
- Available to hold at least 15 to 20 client sessions per week,
provided such sessions are available and referred/scheduled by the
- Must be organized and detail oriented; and have excellent time
- Must be able to work independently on a variety of assigned
- Must be able to use a computer proficiently and for prolonged
periods of time.
- Have strong written and verbal and written communication,
skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be warm, compassionate, energetic, and able to develop
rapport with clients.
- Must be willing to train in and follow all HIPPA (and related)
rules and laws.
- Must be able to attend team meetings, either in person or via
- Provide FCT with copies of the following: current and valid
California professional license, certifications, diplomas,
malpractice insurance, up to date resume reflecting employment at
- Selected applicants will be asked to provide a diagnostic
assessment onsite as well as a write a clinical note and treatment
plan to demonstrate evidence of sound clinical skills.Applicants
Must Follow These Instructions:
- Submit your resume via Indeed
- Apply through our form on our website at:
- Complete entire Employment Application and answer all
- Complete the assessments provided
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of
all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Employees will be required to follow any other job-related
instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by
their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. All job
requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably
accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may
exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to
the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge,
skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the
employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each
duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will"
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $60.00 - $80.00 per hour
We are currently using Zoom for tele-health until it's safe to go
back to the office.
Keywords: Family Connections Therapy, Inc., San Diego , Court Therapist, Healthcare , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!