Medical Records Clerk
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 22, 2021
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for
people. CoreCivic is currently seeking Medical Records Clerks who
have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an
institutional setting. The Medical Records Clerk provides
administrative support in the operation of the medical clinic by
performing varied and complex clerical and related administrative
functions requiring independent judgment in the use of work methods
and procedures.The successful applicant should be able to perform
ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance
consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
- Create and maintain medical records, general files, logs and
other related records and documents in an organized manner, to
include sorting, labeling, filing and retrieving, in accordance
with corporate and facility file retention and storage procedures;
and maintains confidentiality and security of records.
- Maintain a current inventory of clinic supplies; monitor
compliance with sign in/out logs; prepare inventory reports as
- Monitor outside referrals and coordinates transfer of medical
- Assist in the preparation of routine medical and dental
- Read and comprehend medical instructions and procedures,
correspondence, policies, regulations, reports, directions for
forms completion and other simple or moderately complex
documents.More about CoreCivic!Headquartered in Nashville,
Tennessee with over 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic is the
leader in partnership corrections with a growing presence
- CoreCivic Safety, we operate safe, secure facilities that
provide high quality services and effective reentry programs that
enhance public safety.
- CoreCivic Properties, we offer innovative and flexible real
estate solutions that provide value to government and the people
- CoreCivic Community, we deliver proven and innovative practices
in settings that help people obtain employment, successful
reintegrate into society and keep communities safe.With
opportunities in correctional security, education, and healthcare,
CoreCivic has a position that's perfect for you.--Each CoreCivic
facility is like a small town. Our correctional facilities feature
kitchens, dining halls, places of worship, classrooms, vocational
training centers, health care clinics, recreational areas, housing
units, administrative offices and more. Working together, we
provide hundreds of services and perform countless tasks every day.
Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic employees and how we are
able to provide the industry's highest quality safety and security
around the clock.CoreCivic offers a comprehensive benefits package
that includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays,
401(k) with company match and paid training!--Qualifications:--
- High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
- Two years experience in a similar position required.
- Additional education or specialized training may be substituted
for the required experience.
- A valid driver's license is preferred, unless required by
contract or applicable statute.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word for Windows, Lotus 1-2-3 or Excel
and other personal computer applications preferred.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE- M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Keywords: CoreCivic, San Diego , Medical Records Clerk, Healthcare , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!