LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN)
Company: GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company)
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Facility:--Western Region Detention Facility at San
DiegoCompensation Base:--$36.22 per hourCompensation Bonus (if
applicable):--Equal Opportunity Employer.SummaryWorks under the
direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) in participating in
the implementation and evaluation of the detainees/inmates health
care needs. Provides comprehensive nursing care while observing and
maintaining the requirements of security.Primary Duties and
- Under an RN---s direction, develops nursing care plans on
- Performs a complete physical assessment and medical history as
required on each detainee/inmate entering the correctional system.
Medical problems are referred to the physician for extended
- Assists physician with sick call by screening patients and
performing minor surgical procedures. Treats detainees/inmates with
problems within professional capabilities and refers other medical
problems to the appropriate physician.
- Ensures the implementation of physician's orders. Ensures that
prescribed medications are administered as ordered using the
formulary. Applies knowledge of drugs and therapeutics in
- Makes observation rounds on patients, and records in progress
notes. Evaluates symptoms, reactions, and progress of patients on
periodic basis, charts, and reports problems to management.
- Maintains security while dispensing medications and is
continually cognizant of the potential hazard of drug hoarding and
trafficking among detainees/inmates. Maintains non-involvement in
the security aspects of care.
- Destroys and properly disposes of all needles/syringes.
- Prepares regularly scheduled reports and special reports as
- Documents all detainee/inmate contacts. Maintains
confidentiality of medical records.
- Maintains compliance with industry and company policies for
- Performs other duties as assigned.--Job Requirements:Minimum
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. Must have
a current, unrestricted license to practice as a Licensed Practical
Nurse (LPN) in the state the facility is located. Maintains a
current copy of license on file at the facility at all times.
- Two (2) years of direct work experience preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be availalbe for shift work (0700-1530, 1500-2330,
- Must possess competence in the performance of the following
services: crisis intervention, medical emergencies, physical
assessment, medical nursing care, and psychiatric nursing
- Must have the ability to work without direct, immediate
supervision in performing nursing diagnosis, and be able provide
appropriate follow through treatment.
Keywords: GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company), San Diego , LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN), Healthcare , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!