Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Cell Therapy Research
Company: Tanabe Research Laboratories U.S.A, Inc.
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Tanabe Research Laboratories USA (www.trlusa.com) located in San
Diego, California is a cutting edge biotechnology company dedicated
to the discovery and advancement of innovative therapies to treat
cancer and other serious diseases. This position is located onsite
at our San Diego facility.--JOB SUMMARY:------------------
Independently responsible or with little assistance conducts a
scientific study using standard to advanced cell biology and
molecular biology techniques.--ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- May propose, initiate, and execute biologic pre-clinical drug
development projects working towards cellular therapy product
development using existing expertise at TRL.
- Contributes towards developing, executing and documenting
methodologies for isolating and modifying NK and other cell types
from various sources including iPSCs.
- Experience in differentiating iPSCs into NK and other cell
types for product development would be preferred.
- Experience in cell culture and handling of primary effector
cells towards product development using closed system
- Has knowledge and some experience with CRISPR/Cas based gene
- Experience with documentation towards tech transfer to CDMOs is
- Manage and perform activities such as immunofluorescence, flow
cytometry, quantitative immunoassays, and other standard biologic
laboratory techniques. --
- Contribute intellectually to strategies for automated methods
for screening and identify and implement new technologies that will
improve the efficiency and quality of applied methodologies.--
- Execute in vitro and in vivo experiments including PDX models
and combinations studies for TRL's pipeline candidates to
investigate potential cancer indications.
- Conduct experiments in support of TRL projects that could help
developing an IND package for Phase I studies.
- May discover innovative technologies to improve the efficiency
of laboratory operations.--
- Analyze and present data to scientific team for in depth
- Contribute to the identification and evaluation of new
- Integrates results into larger project goals and
- Prepares reports and papers of completed projects or use in
further research activities.
- Analyzes data and interprets results in clear format for
presentation during project team meetings and project reviews.
- Appropriately documents research findings in lab
- Keep current with appropriate scientific literature and
contributes new ideas to advance project work.
- May interact with company
- A BS/MS with 3-5 years of relevant experience, preferably in an
- Prior experience with cellular therapies is important.
Experience with iPSC-based lymphocyte cell therapies, especially in
an industry setting would be preferred. This would include
expertise in handling instrumentation that comprise a closed
system. Skilled at documentation with prior experience in tech
transfer to CDMOs.
- Experience with isolation and culturing of lymphocytes from
various sources including iPSCs would be preferred.
- Prior experience with product development involving modified NK
or T cells would be preferred. Decent expertise with developing
closed systems for product development and prior experience in
preparing documentation towards tech transfer.
- Knowledge and experience working with different cancer models
both in vitro and in vivo are desired.
- Significant experience with working in a team setting.
- Well organized and has good experience in designing and
documenting protocols and data generated from them in an industry
- Experience conducting a wide variety of basic to complex
- Ability to independently design, document and execute
- Ability to independently analyze and present data to scientific
- Excellent record keeping, attention to detail and communication
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office products.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team laboratory
and office environment.
- Ability to change tasks quickly and still maintain
Keywords: Tanabe Research Laboratories U.S.A, Inc., San Diego , Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Cell Therapy Research, Healthcare , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!