Company: French Consulting
Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionJOB OPENING
- Title: Clinical Pharmacist
- Location: NAS San Diego
- Job-Type: Full-TimeMinimum Qualifications:
- Degree: Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.)
- Education: Graduate from a college or university accredited by
the Accreditation Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE).
- Internship/Residency: Completion of a clinical pharmacy
residency or fellowship accredited by the American Society of
Health-System Pharmacists or American College of Clinical Pharmacy
or documentation of appropriate education, training, and/or CME in
the practice of clinical pharmacy.
- Experience: As required to meet clinical competency
requirements specified in the Service-specific credentialing
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to
practice as a pharmacist.Core Duties:
- Assess patient's response to drug therapy and plan drug therapy
based on physician-established diagnoses.
- Order and evaluate laboratory tests necessary to evaluate drug
therapy effects and outcomes.
- Initiate, modify, or discontinue medications for ongoing
therapy of chronic disease states (e.g., hypertension,
hyperlipidemia, anticoagulant, diabetes, asthma, refill clinics,
etc.), in cooperation with the medical staff.
- Monitor and manage pharmacotherapy requiring periodic
adjustment due to specific or changing pharmacokinetic
characteristics (e.g., aminoglycosides, phenytoin,
- Administer prescription or non-prescription drugs according to
established agreements or MTF protocols.
- Assess metabolic needs and order therapeutic enteral or
parenteral nutrition products in the inpatient setting.
- Evaluate medical and medication histories for drug-related
problems and adjust drug therapy accordingly.
- Consult with other healthcare providers (e.g., physicians,
dietitians, nurses, physical therapists, etc.) about patient
treatment needs or options.
- Perform a full range of pharmacist procedures.
- Review patient profiles at the time of dispensing to closely
monitor medication therapy.
- Ensure prescription directions for use, dose, medication
interactions, therapeutic duplications or overlaps, allergy
information, age-specific dosage, and other pertinent data are
appropriate for individual patients.
- Ensure accuracy of all pharmaceutical products prepared or
processed by technical staff.
- Provide medication and healthcare-related in-service training
to clinical staff on new medications on the market; appropriate use
of medications; comparison of current medication therapies; and
other topics as deemed appropriate by the department head.
- Consult with other specialty practitioners to provide optimal
patient pharmaceutical care.
- Document significant medication interactions, and pharmacy
interactions with prescribers. Conduct Adverse Drug Reaction (ADR)
reporting in accordance with The Joint Commission (TJC) or the
Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC)
standards as appropriate.
- Facilitate medical staff drug utilization reviews (DURs) as
deemed necessary. Disclaimer: Be advised that this announcement is
a pending award and is therefore subject to change without notice.
All dates listed in this announcement are tentative and dependent
upon the award process results. The anticipated start date for this
opportunity is TBD. French Consulting has been designated a
Military Friendly Employer!--French Consulting is proud to be an
equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of
race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender
identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants
regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal
requirements.Powered by JazzHRB4SJifyuAI
Keywords: French Consulting, San Diego , Clinical Pharmacist, Healthcare , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!