Company: Kaiser Permanente
Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Under direct supervision of an RN or provider performs routine
patient care, excluding administration of IV medications and
venipuncture, following established policies, procedures and
standards; follows Quality of Service Standards; follows Universal
- May perform nursing care functions such as vital signs, removal
and/or application of dressings for assessment by licensed
- Cleaning or irrigating wound after provider's assessment and
instructions, shaving and skin preparation, ear washes, NG
insertion&lavage, urinary catheter
- Reinforce standardized self care procedures as directed by
- Recognizes and responds to acute emergency situation following
- Orients patients to system policies and practices.
- Provides appropriate instruction sheets based upon provider
- Reviews instruction sheet with patient.
- Administers medications, excluding IV medications, as ordered
- Observes and documents patients' response to medications and
- May perform tuberculin, coccidioidin and histoplasmin skin
tests, provides such tests are part of a tuberculosis control
- May perform immunizations provides they are based upon written
- Completes necessary arrangements or organizes treatment rooms
prior to surgical and/or examination procedures by setting up or
laying out instruments, drapes and sponges contained in sterile
trays and assembling equipment items as required for particular
procedures as directed.
- May assist licensed provider with patient examinations and
treatments by positioning, restraining patients, and assisting as
- Provides assistance in treatment rooms during minor surgical
procedures and/or various diagnostic examinations by positioning
- May hold clamps or retractors, sponge vascular areas, and pass
instruments as specifically directed by the physician.
- Assures safety of patient during procedures.
- May prepare and transport items such as medical equipment and
- May clean and disinfect instruments/equipment according to
- Follows Universal Precautions. Reports incidents of failure to
follow procedures to Department Administrator or designee.
- Maintains departmental files, performing duties such as pulling
file and assembling forms prior to appointment, and filing returned
diagnostic reports as directed.
- Initiates and/or completes diagnostic rest forms per provider
order, telephones prescriptions to pharmacies, relays medical
information from physician to patient, and relays information from
patient to physician.
- Charts in patient's medical record as indicated.
- May perform lab tests including urine dip-tests, acetone tests,
hemoccult tests, tests to determine. PH, protein, PKU.
- May perform hearing and vision tests, glaucoma tests and visual
- Collects, by non-invasive and invasive techniques, and
preserves specimens for testing, including urine, and sputum and
- Participates in Department Quality Assurance activities.
- Performs other duties, as required, such as checking patients'
medical records for incomplete data and relaying message to staff
- Note: Specific duties may vary depending on assignment.
- Note: Bold print indicates the differences between an
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Current CA LVN license and BLS certification.
- Ability to give and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with the public.
- Demonstrated knowledge of sterile technique.
- Consistently demonstrates the knowledge, skills, abilities, and
behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive
service to each other, to our members, and to customers, contracted
providers, and vendors.
- Fertility and IVF experience preferred.
Schedule is 6:30am to 9:30 PM Mon-Sun.
LVN position to support REI services.
- Able to do early, evening and weekend clinics.
- Cross train in Sub-Specialty clinic in OBGYN Department.
PrimaryLocation : California,San Diego,Fordham Medical Offices
HoursPerWeek : 32
Shift : Variable
Workdays : Mon-Sun
WorkingHoursStart : 06:30 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 09:30 AM
Job Schedule : Part-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : B09-OPEIU-Local 30
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Department : Fordham MOB - Obstetrics/Gyn-Reg Clin - 0806
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, San Diego , LVN, Healthcare , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!