Certified Home Health Aide - FULL TIME
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Under direct supervision, visits assigned patients to provide
limited nursing and/or related services, consistent with training
and California State Certification; provides personal,
environmental and nutritional services under the orders of a
physician and appropriate supervision by a registered nurse.
- Assists patient with personal and oral hygiene which may
include complete bed, bath, partial or self-help bath, tub bath,
shower, bed or sink shampoo, nail care, skin/facial hair care,
occupied bed change.
- Provides incidental household or environmental services which
may include preparing light meals for patient or meals to be left
for consumption between visits, maintaining bedroom, bathroom, and
kitchen orderly and reasonably clean, and washing patients personal
- Takes and records patient vital signs, height, weight, etc and
reports to RN or intake nurse any significant changes in patients
behavior, physical condition, and/or family environment.
- Assists with enemas and irrigation of catheters.
- Maintains, records related to job responsibilities.
- Participates in team conferences and inservice programs.
- Establishes and maintains courteous, cooperative relations with
the public, patients and other personnel. Performs other related
License, Certification, Registration
- Current CA State Certification as Home Health Aide.
- Required to drive up to 120 miles and make 4-7 home visits
- Some experience in a licensed Home health Agency.
- Ability to work effectively with the public.
- Ability to plan daily patient schedule efficiently.
- Ability to use standard Home Health Nursing supplies and
- Moderate physical demands.
- Physical Demands of Home Health Positions with Direct Patient
- Stair climbing carrying up to 25 pounds of
- Repeated bending, lifting and reaching.
- Weekend rotation required up to every other weekend
PrimaryLocation : California,San Diego,Mission Road Administration
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri,
WorkingHoursStart : 08:30 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 05:00 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : B09-OPEIU-Local 30
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Continuing Care
Department : San Diego Admin Offices 1 - Hospice - Internal - Other
Travel : Yes, 50 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, San Diego , Certified Home Health Aide - FULL TIME, Healthcare , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!