Psychologist - Telehealth (remote)
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Under the direction of the Health Services Administrator (HSA), RTC
Program Director (PD), or higher licensed health professional, the
Restoration of Competency (RTC) Psychologist DSH is a licensed
Psychologist in the State of California who is responsible for the
assessment of mentally-ill and Incompetent to Stand Trial (IST)
patients in the RTC program. The Psychologist will utilize
standardized testing tools to regularly assess for competency,
opine on restoration, and produce timely reports to the court.
Compliance with the Department of State Hospital (DSH) and company
Policy & Procedure (P&P) Manual is mandatory.
- Education associated with licensure/ license eligible
Psychologist in CA
- Prefer one+ year experience post licensure (PhD or PsyD)
- Knowledge of 1370/IST patients and treatment
- Experience with applicable psychological testing measures for
Competency assessment, malingering, cognitive impairment, etc.
- Licensure or license eligible as a Psychologist in CA
- Current (and must maintain) lifesaving BLS certification
- Must obtain and maintain security clearance throughout the
course of employment.Responsibilities
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strict adherence to Department of State Hospital (DSH) and
company Policy & Procedure (P&P) Manual as it relates to the
duties of the Psychologist.
- Use approved psychological testing measures (eg: R-CAI, ECST-R,
MacCAT-CA, etc.) to assess and re-assess patients every 30 days;
comply with the reporting statutes for the court.
- Assessment of cognitive impairment as needed, and administer
corresponding psychological tests approved by DSH (eg: MoCA, MMSE,
etc.) to determine cognitive functioning and ability to learn and
be successful with RTC.
- If malingering is suspected, administer proper and approved
tests (eg: M-FAST, TOMI, etc.) to determine treatment course.
- Keen awareness of and adherence to timely submission of court
reports per the reporting statutes is required.
- Strict adherence to DSH and company P&P, as it relates to
all psychologist duties and functions.
- Participate in routine Treatment Team meetings, and provide
clinical support and/or guidance, as needed.
- Appropriate documentation and charting of interactions with
patients in health record, when outside formal assessment
- Establish a weekly "Doctor's Group" within the milieu, as
- Participate in any coordination of IMO/ALJ processes.
- Work cooperatively with the Sheriff's Office and RTC teams and
foster supportive relationships between staff and Sheriff's
- Document all findings in patient's record providing written
summaries of history and treatment course or other documentation
requirements as outlined by company and Facility, as needed.
- May assist in the job shadow portion of the interview process
of potential staff.
- May assist in orientation and training of new employees.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, San Diego , Psychologist - Telehealth (remote), Healthcare , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!