Medical Support Assistant (General Clerk II/3004)
Company: Choctaw Staffing Solutions, Inc.
Location: San Diego
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Medical Support Assistant Services, Naval Medical Center San
Diego, CA The Medical Support Assistant (MSA) personnel will be
assigned to various clinics or wards within Naval Medical Center
San Diego, CA or any of the Naval Branch Health Clinics (NBHC) to
include: Marine Corps Recruit Depot (MCRD), Marine Corps Air
Station (MCAS) Miramar, Naval Training Center (NTC), Naval Air
Station (NAS) North Island, Chula Vista, Eastlake, Rancho Bernardo,
Kearney Mesa and Naval Base San Diego. MSA is expected to provide a
wide range of administrative and clerical support services to DOD
beneficiaries including Active Duty, Reserve Component, National
Guard, Retired Service members, Family members, and other persons
eligible for DOD healthcare at each location to include, but not
limited to: inpatient wards, inpatient mental health ward,
outpatient specialty clinics, primary care medical homes,
outpatient mental health clinics, or the Substance Abuse Rehab
Program (SARP) Point Loma. QUALIFICATIONS
- Be a U.S. Citizen.
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED certificate.
- Possess one year of experience providing medical administrative
- Possess experience using basic software applications, e.g.
Microsoft Word and Excel. TASKS
- MSA shall perform a full range of tasks consistent with their
profession, education, training, experience, and assigned
- MSA shall follow the Military Treatment Facility (MTF) Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs) to provide administrative support
services to the MTF.
- MSA shall receive, greet, and inform patients, visitors, and
hospital personnel and provide accurate responses in a friendly,
courteous, and concerned manner.
- MSA shall fax, copy, scan, print, and type documents to
complete daily tasks listed within this contract and the MTF
- MSA shall utilize the Composite Healthcare System (CHCS), the
Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Applications (AHLTA),
and various other databases in support of patient care and to
satisfy administrative requirements.
- MSA shall maintain a level of productivity comparable with that
of other individuals performing similar services.
- MSA shall complete orientation training required by the MTF for
- MSA shall complete all annual training required by the MTF.
This includes annual information awareness training and HIPAA
- The hours required are typically from 0600 to 1800 Monday
through Friday. A typical workday consists of 8 hours. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Choctaw Staffing Solutions, Inc., San Diego , Medical Support Assistant (General Clerk II/3004), Healthcare , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!