Clinical Administrative Assistant
Company: Betternight Powered By Sleep Data
Location: San Diego
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Betternight Powered By Sleep DataDescription:
Are you an experienced healthcare administrative professional, with
a background in equipment usage and maintenance? Do you thrive in
providing outstanding patient services? Are you driven to succeed,
and enjoy being recognized for your success? Wouldn't you love to
be a part a team where management is focused on nurturing a strong
culture? If this sounds like you, come join us at
BetterNight.BetterNight is a professional medical service and
supply company focused on sleep & sleep therapy. Our focus is on
diagnosis on sleep apnea through home sleep study and treatment
through the use of CPAP therapy or oral appliance
therapy.SUMMARYThe Clinical Admin Assistant meets face to face with
patients for check out after their experience with the Respiratory
Therapist. The Clinical Admin Assistant dispenses equipment and
checks authorizations, creates and processes sales orders. In
addition, The Clinical Admin Assistant completes modem enrollment
for all new setups. The Clinical Admin Assistant completes all
documents scanning for patient appointments. The expectation of
this position is to ensure all equipment provided has been
authorized, to catch and escalate issues when authorizations are
not present and to provide a first class patient experience, with
every patient interaction. CORE RESPONSIBILITIESTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meets face-to-face with patients to dispense equipment after
appointments completed by Respiratory Therapists I, II and III
- Is responsible for creating and processing sales orders
appropriately and timely within the Brightree system.
- Reviews patient files, both electronic and hard copy, for
accuracy and for compliance with BetterNight policy and
- Make notes in files and Brightree system as required by company
policy and current health care standards.
- Downloads usage and therapy data from PAP devices per
BetterNight policy and procedure.
- Returns devices and other returned equipment into appropriate
inventories within the Brightree system.
- Creates reports to locate, process and confirm all pick-up
tickets created by Respiratory Therapists I, II and III.
- Packages and ships all RMAs to the appropriate
- Responsible for preparing, shipping and tracking all device
repairs as well. Responsible for informing patients about repair
costs and processing once insurance and/or patient approval is
- Prepares and requests RMAs on all 30 day mask refits.
- Educates patients on the need for ABNs. Completes any necessary
ABN forms with patients.
- Responsible for daily updates of the VA follow up lists to
ensure that tasks are available.
- Keeps the clean and dirty area neat and organized and within
the requirements of the regulatory agencies such as The Joint
Commission, Medicare and CA Department of Health.
- Scans all Discontinuation of Service forms in Brightree and
ensure that ordering physicians are notified per BetterNight policy
- Assists with walk in and patient overflow when possible and as
needed (machine evaluations and resupply appointments only).
- Calls patients to discuss issues regarding their therapy.
- Ensures all area related price quotes given to
customers/patients are appropriate and meet current company pricing
policy. Explains co-pays and insurance coverage to patients as
- Acts as a resource (identify problems and provide solutions,
implementing procedures, as needed) for all respiratory and other
HME equipment (indications, operation, maintenance, etc.) currently
supplied by the company, as appropriate.
- Serves as an advocate for the patient and acts as a liaison
with other members of the healthcare team, when required.
- Contacts physician and/or necessary healthcare team member
regarding orders, complications, and recommendations.
- Performs oximetry and sleep tests, when required.
- Downloads and cleans sleep study equipment as needed.
- Follows Policies and Procedures for the receiving, bagging and
tagging, cleaning, disinfecting, and testing of equipment.
- Delivers/pick-ups equipment and/or supplies to patient homes or
facilities as necessary.
- Keeps vehicle clean, fueled and maintained.
- Responsible for keeping all patient charts and information
orderly, confidential, current and HIPAA compliant at all
- Promotes Company services and acts as a Company
- Acts as a form of quality control ensuring that patients have
had a first class experience with the RT I, II and III. Escalates
issues or compliments as needed.
- Manages the workflow and delivers messages to Respiratory
Therapists in a timely fashion.
- Works closely with Intake, Benefits and Billing to create a
clear open dialog for issues when they arise and to ensure a higher
knowledge of the billing process so that we can minimize errors on
the front end of that process.
- Work mandatory overtime as scheduled
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record
- Must be detail oriented, organized and neat in person and
habitsEDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- HS diploma or GED required and 2 years' experience in
- Must attend related in-services offered by the Company
- Must be knowledgeable in equipment usage and maintenance
- Must be knowledgeable in Infection Control and maintain
Universal Precautions when applicable
- Must be knowledgeable in Patient Rights and Responsibilities,
including HIPPA regulations
- Must be knowledgeable in patient's Plan of Care and
- Intermediate MS Office computer skills requiredBetterNight is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 4I CFR
Keywords: Betternight Powered By Sleep Data, San Diego , Clinical Administrative Assistant, Healthcare , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!