Clinical Associate Research Coordinator - Scripps Whittier Diabetes Institute
Company: The E.W. Scripps Company
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 23, 2022
At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support,
respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation's
Top 100 Places to Work.
You'll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in
the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you're open
to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Housed within Scripps Health, Scripps Whittier Diabetes Institute
(SWDI) is Southern California's leading diabetes center of
excellence, committed to providing the best evidence-based diabetes
screening, education and patient care across Scripps Hospitals and
clinics, and in the surrounding community. Founded in 1981, SWDI's
mission is to improve the quality of life for individuals with
pre-diabetes, gestational diabetes , type 1 and type 2 diabetes
through diverse programs, including diabetes self-management
education, behavioral health, clinical research, diabetes
prevention, retinal screenings, and professional training and
education. SWDI's interdisciplinary team is comprised of
endocrinologists, psychologists, nurse practitioners, registered
nurses and dietitians, diabetes educators, and researchers. Our
current portfolio of research projects is funded by the National
Institutes of Health and non-federal sponsors, and evaluates a
variety of pharmacological, device, behavioral, and psychological
interventions to improve the quality of life for individuals living
Responsibilities of the Research Coordinator include:
- Functions as a liaison between the organization, investigators,
and the research sponsors.
- Responsible for planning, implementation and oversight of a
variety of clinical trials, maintains compliance with all
applicable institutional, state and federal regulations in
collaboration with investigator.
- Performs independently as a project manager to coordinate all
aspects of clinical research projects including administrative
functions and clinical functions per scope of practice.
- Other responsibilities include recruiting, retaining,
motivating and educating research patients in clinical trials,
training other research personnel in research procedures, oversees
research finances and tracking patient enrollment.
- Works with other disciplines to execute trials, and acts as
patient advocate to contribute to the overall research objectives
of the program. This is a permanent, full time, hourly position
with varied shifts located on the campus of Scripps Memorial
Hospital La Jolla.
Required Education/Experience/Specialized Skills:
- 2 years clinical trials or healthcare experience.
- Advanced written, oral and interpersonal communication
- Strong prioritization, organizational, and problem solving
- Strong motivator/communicator in a compact clinical team
working with aggressive timelines.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office software. Required
- CCRP or CCRC required within 1 years of date of hire.
- BLS. Preferred Education/Experience/Specialized
- BS or BA.
- 3 years clinical trials experience with an Associate's
- 4 years clinical trials experience as Medical Assistant or Lab
- Proficiency in medical terminology.
Keywords: The E.W. Scripps Company, San Diego , Clinical Associate Research Coordinator - Scripps Whittier Diabetes Institute, Healthcare , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!