Pediatric Physical Therapist (Full Time and Per Diem)
Company: Family Health Centers of San Diego
Location: Imperial Beach
Posted on: September 24, 2022
For over 50 years, Family Health Centers of San Diego (FHCSD)
has provided affordable, high-quality health care and supportive
services to all San Diegans. With more than 2,500 employees spread
throughout more than 50 sites around the county, FHCSD is proud of
the diversity of its staff as a reflection of the communities it
serves.The reward of working at FHCSD is more than a paycheck and
excellent benefits; it is the impact and contribution to the San
Diego community that employees value most. If you are passionate
about improving the overall health and livelihood of your
community, FHCSD is looking for people like you.Family Health
Centers of San Diego (FHCSD) is looking for a Pediatric Physical
Therapist (PT) to provide evaluation and treatment for pediatric
patients with a variety of mobility, motor control and
musculoskeletal disorders. This position will also focus on
prevention by developing and providing early intervention
- Communicates regularly with Referral, Case Management, Care
Coordination, and Scheduling staff. Makes recommendations and
follows through with referrals to outside agencies when
- Communicates with patients and/or parents/caregivers regarding
evaluation results, treatment plan and goals. Provides home program
activities to patients and/or parents/caregivers to ensure
carryover to the home environment. Engages patients and/or
parents/caregivers in treatment sessions.
- Completes all required documentation accurately, in a timely
manner, and thoroughly in accordance with department standards; in
addition, documentation complies with patients' insurance
- Consults with Physicians, allied health professionals, and
other team members. Participates in case conferencing meeting and
in program planning meetings. Facilitates training and
presentations for staff, patients, and parents/caregivers when
- Evaluates patients referred for physical therapy and physical
- Performs evaluation according to each patient's needs,
physician recommendations, and specific program
- Monitors and manages own schedule. Communicates with scheduling
staff to keep schedule full.
- Provides appropriate oversight and supervision of Physical
Therapy Assistants as necessary. Ensures that services being
provided by the Physical Therapy Assistants are safe, effective,
and efficient. Determines when expertise and decision-making
capability of the Physical Therapy Assistants requires that the
Physical Therapist personally renders physical therapy
interventions and when it may be appropriate to utilize the
Physical Therapy Assistant.
- Provides treatment at different clinic sites.
- Provides treatment to assigned patients as appropriate in
accordance with established standards of care and practice. Designs
an appropriate and effective treatment plan and work within scope
of practice at all times. Monitors progress of treatment goals
through periodic observations and assessments. Conducts
re-evaluations when indicated.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Requirements:
- California State licensure as a Physical Therapist.
- Current American Heart Association healthcare provider CPR
(BLS), or Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Advanced Trauma Life
Support, or Advance Resuscitation Training.
- At least 2 years experience as a Physical Therapist.
- Pediatric specific experience required and experience in early
intervention (0-3) preferred.
- Meet organizational driver requirementsRewards:
- Job type: Regular Full-Time & Per Diem
- Competitive Salary with Excellent Benefits
- Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off, Extended Sick Leave and Paid Holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision/FSA/Life Insurance
- Employee Discounts and Wellness ProgramsFHCSD was founded by
community activists working towards a common goal: caring,
affordable, high-quality medical care for all. We are proud to
continue this mission today as we provide accessible services to
over 210,000 patients across San Diego County. The successful
candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to community medicine
and providing culturally competent care to the medically
Keywords: Family Health Centers of San Diego, San Diego , Pediatric Physical Therapist (Full Time and Per Diem), Healthcare , Imperial Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!