Chemistry Lab Assistant
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Fabric8Labs, headquartered in sunny San Diego, CA, is
revolutionizing metal additive manufacturing with advanced 3D
printing technologies. We're looking for a skilled *Chemistry Lab
Assistant *to join our team.
Fabric8Labs is focused on accelerating metal additive manufacturing
adoption and enabling new applications with our patented
Electrochemical Additive Manufacturing (ECAM) process. Since
closing our Series B funding round, we are rapidly expanding our
team to advance and commercialize our disruptive technology.
As a Chemistry Lab Assistant, you'll be contributing to the
company's efforts to push the boundaries of ECAM technology by
maturing our internal chemistry processes. The chemist in this role
will be a crucial part of our materials development team and will
assist in the analysis and formulation of our electrolytic plating
systems. The person in this role will be flexible and able to
quickly solve critical issues using their skills and intuition
across a broad spectrum of chemical and electrochemical
We're looking for an individual who has a history of analyzing and
testing various chemistries and who will be comfortable carrying
out tasks from inception/design through development and testing.
Ideally, this individual will have a strong desire to identify,
dissect, and solve complex problems.
If you are excited about the opportunity to change the future of
manufacturing in collaboration with our growing team, then come
join us! Backed by industry-leading partners, including Mark Cuban,
Intel Capital, TDK Ventures, and Stanley Black and Decker:
Fabric8Labs is at the forefront of advanced manufacturing, and we
are excited to bring in diverse minds and perspectives.
* Handling, mixing, and analyzing electrochemical feedstocks
* Characterization, and troubleshooting of feedstock
* Develop and follow experimental plans
* Participate in maintaining a clean and safe lab environment
*Desirable Skills and Experience: *
* At least 1 college level chemistry course
* At least 1 year of demonstrated laboratory experience
* Experience handling/mixing reagents and solutions
* Excellent note taking, communication, and problem-solving
* Experience with some or all of the following analytical chemistry
tools: temperature and pH probes, titration equipment
* A willingness to learn and rapidly iterate in a highly
collaborative research environment.
* Extremely focused when measuring chemicals and making process
* Moderate mechanical skills to perform ordinary maintenance on
*Why Work at Fabric8Labs?*
* We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including equity
compensation, health, dental, and vision plans; 401(k) with
employer match; and an unmetered vacation policy.
* We have a collaborative work environment where we work in tight
knit teams focused on transforming manufacturing technology.
* Regular catered company events and celebrations, and a fully
* Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to
keyboard, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and
stretch. Routinely required to move around the facility.
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
* May require travel (domestic and/or international) dependent on
business needs, up to 10%
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
_Fabric8Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to
diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Fabric8Labs prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color,
sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability,
genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected
characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws._
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* San Diego, CA 92121: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Fabric8Labs, San Diego , Chemistry Lab Assistant, Healthcare , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!